• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How To Overcome An Addiction To Mountain Dew

JerryNumbers

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aaaw:)  Jerry, I love that part of your testimony.  I have tears in my eyes just reading it.  I love reading your stories.  As I have always said, you remind me of my first pastor.  He was like a dad to me, while he was my pastor.  I apologize for going off on you the other day.  Contrary to what you think, I am not a liberated woman.  Even in my abusive first marrige, I was submissive to my husband.  However, he took advantage of that.  Joe, being the godly husband that he is, is not like that... although I always follow his leadership, as he is the spiritual head of my household.  He leans on the Lord Jesus Christ, and I lean on him.  That's the way God intended it to be. 

A person can go into a marriage thinking every thing will be lovely yet its just the opposite. That happened to my daughter.

The one great thing about our Lord is no matter where we are at in our life, what has happened in the past, its history only, we can start all anew, tomorrow is what counts & what we do from that point on.

• Members

I got an iced mocha from Burger King this morning. It's my treat to myself on payday.  I ask for it with really light ice because they already keep it cold.  And since it's 27° outside right now, I don't need much ice.   :nuts:  I can't drink hot coffee anymore (well, not very often, anyway), and I kind of needed the caffeine jolt this morning.  But I'm cooooold....hehehe

I do like McDonald's iced mochas.  I don't care for caramel in my coffee, so I'm not crazy about any of the caramel drinks.  But I do have to restrain myself from getting iced mochas...I like them, but they are not healthy for us (duh!  :biggrin:  ), and they are too expensive to get very often (BKs are actually cheaper). 

My son loves his coffee.  We haven't used our coffee maker in a long time, so we have no filters.  When they come back up from his inlaws this weekend, they will be bringing filters so he can make coffee before he heads out on the road.  So much cheaper than buying it!

Edited to add....I thought I was posting in the coffee thread.  LOL....there's a lot of cross-subjecting going on!   :coverlaugh:  I told you I needed caffeine this morning.  

Problem solved, just pour water in a pot, pour coffee grinds right in it, boil it for a while, & you don't have to have filters, & you will have hot coffee!

:coverlaugh:

Camp fire coffee, nothing beats it! 

• Members

I also have really bad acid reflux, about  2 months ago my doctor put me on omeprazole prescription and it has helped about 80% of my former discomfort! The remaining 20% is usually only a problem if I eat something too close to bedtime or acidic early in evening. Might want to try it if not already. I sleep with 3 pillows to elevate my upper chest and head. I slide down as night wears on and the reflux wakes me up with coughing spells also.

I had it very bad years ago, yet I overcome it, hardly have any trouble any more. Back them I used very much Gaviscon liquid & carried it with me wherever I went. I also raised up the head of our bed about 4 to 5 inches, that in itself helps much.

• Members

Dash of apple cider vinegar, teaspoon of nice natural unprocessed honey, mix until liquid, top over with chilled water.
Sip slowly.
Mmmmmmmm

No sore throat by the time you are finished the glass. ;)

And if you listen to the propaganda, cures everything from ingrown toenails to unemployment!!!!!!
:D :lol:

• Members

I have acid reflux.  Hot coffee and hot tea with caffeine really tear me up.  As do any dark sodas.  I was quite hooked on Diet Cherry Coke for a while, and my reflux got much worse - to the point where I had to give up hot caffeine drinks and all dark soda.  I can handle ice tea and ice mocha, but on a limited basis.  While my reflux is bad (there are times I'm up all night, erm, being sick....), it is controllable usually if I stay on apple cider vinegar daily and limit my caffeine intake.  So, God has used that to keep me from getting addicted to any caffeinated beverages!  :clap:   No, not even instant coffee, candle...my hubby doesn't drink it accept very rarely and when he does, he usually gets it free from one of his store customers. 

Oh, I think you mentioned that before HC.  I didn't know that about the acid reflux mix with tea and caffeine.  Good to know.  Yeah, I did know that dark sodas are bad for AR.  WOW!  Staying up late being sick?  Not good.  Some things are best in moderation.  Apple Cider Vinegar is great for a whole bunch of things.  God is soooo good!  No instant?  WOW... you guys are good.  :)  

• Members

A person can go into a marriage thinking every thing will be lovely yet its just the opposite. That happened to my daughter.

The one great thing about our Lord is no matter where we are at in our life, what has happened in the past, its history only, we can start all anew, tomorrow is what counts & what we do from that point on.

Amen, Brother Jerry!  I was 23 and knew I was making a mistake, but I thought I could fix his problems.  The biggest blessing is our son, Mark, though.  God is good!  I feel bad for your daughter.

Yes, that is our great and wonderful Lord Jesus Christ.  He is a God of many chances!  Praise the Lord:)

Archived