• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

The Glory Land

Your Daughter Falls In Love With A Lost Soul

Falls in love with one of a different faith, like JW or other.  Thanks 

If we raise our children in accord with Scripture this is far less likely to happen. Others have posted of the importance of having good parental/child relations as they are growing up, which helps when they are older. Also, in raising them in Christ we should help them to understand the importance of making sure their closest friends are Christians. Most people eventually find their mate among or through their friends. We teach them the importance of not spending time along with those of the opposite sex. We teach them what Scripture says about Christians marrying Christians, and not non-Christians, so they know ahead of time how to view this. All of these things help to point our child in the right direction and lessen the chances they would consider getting involved with a non-Christian.

If we raise our children in accord with Scripture this is far less likely to happen. Others have posted of the importance of having good parental/child relations as they are growing up, which helps when they are older. Also, in raising them in Christ we should help them to understand the importance of making sure their closest friends are Christians. Most people eventually find their mate among or through their friends. We teach them the importance of not spending time along with those of the opposite sex. We teach them what Scripture says about Christians marrying Christians, and not non-Christians, so they know ahead of time how to view this. All of these things help to point our child in the right direction and lessen the chances they would consider getting involved with a non-Christian.

:verymad:  :preggo:  Daddy, we can teach him the truth.

My oldest daughter has just spent a night and day in jail, from once again picking a winner. They got in a fight, she scratched him on the arm, police got involved and she went away for DOMESTIC ABUSE. Her mom just paid her bail and got her out. I'm hoping to see her tomorrow and have a talk with her about her choices.

My oldest daughter has just spent a night and day in jail, from once again picking a winner. They got in a fight, she scratched him on the arm, police got involved and she went away for DOMESTIC ABUSE. Her mom just paid her bail and got her out. I'm hoping to see her tomorrow and have a talk with her about her choices.

So sad. I'll be praying for all of you.

But from a psychological standpoint and probably more statistically accurate is that girl's are more likely to marry a man just like their father if they DID NOT have a good relationship with their father. They spend the rest of their lives trying to receive the acceptance and approval of something they never got as a child. Even if that father was abusive, alcoholic whatever, doesn't matter. I'm also speaking from experience and years of therapy.

But from a psychological standpoint and probably more statistically accurate is that girl's are more likely to marry a man just like their father if they DID NOT have a good relationship with their father. They spend the rest of their lives trying to receive the acceptance and approval of something they never got as a child. Even if that father was abusive, alcoholic whatever, doesn't matter. I'm also speaking from experience and years of therapy.

From what I've read, as well as personal experience, this is often the case. I've known so many women who had messed up dads, or dads that left or died when they were young, and their lives are one long, sad trail of troubled, broken relationships with men they should have never involved themselves with.