• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your Daughter Falls In Love With A Lost Soul

The Glory Land

• Members

But from a psychological standpoint and probably more statistically accurate is that girl's are more likely to marry a man just like their father if they DID NOT have a good relationship with their father. They spend the rest of their lives trying to receive the acceptance and approval of something they never got as a child. Even if that father was abusive, alcoholic whatever, doesn't matter. I'm also speaking from experience and years of therapy.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But from a psychological standpoint and probably more statistically accurate is that girl's are more likely to marry a man just like their father if they DID NOT have a good relationship with their father. They spend the rest of their lives trying to receive the acceptance and approval of something they never got as a child. Even if that father was abusive, alcoholic whatever, doesn't matter. I'm also speaking from experience and years of therapy.

From what I've read, as well as personal experience, this is often the case. I've known so many women who had messed up dads, or dads that left or died when they were young, and their livesĀ are one long, sad trail of troubled, broken relationships with men they should have never involved themselves with.

Archived