• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Your Daughter Falls In Love With A Lost Soul

The Glory Land

• Members

If I had another daughter I would not let here be around boys until she reached the age of 21, even them it would have to be in the presence of her mother & I only:smug:

Oh, I should mention this so I edited my post.

I know of a wealthy father & mother whose daughter married a Christian man without a big education & big money. They did all that was possible to break it up, they wanted their daughter to marry a man who had a big education & money.

And it seems to me many Christians families seems to feel the same way, the most important thing about a husband for their daughter is a big education & much money while they put little to no importance in marrying a Christian man.

And it seems most father's & mothers place more importance on education to have a high paying job than they do on being faithful to Christ during their growing years at home

Amen

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

My daughter-in-law informed me tonight that when they have daughters, the girls will be locked in towers from 8 years and up. We will be given keys so we can get them for visits as long as we make sure to lock the tower doors when we bring them back. And the windows will be very small so no rapunzel-like tricks. ROFL

• Members

From what I've seen it seems that often parents make one of two big mistakes. They either get angry, make accusations, perhaps even threats, often disparage the lost one; or they timidly say something like they were hoping they would marry a Christian, but we're happy for you and we'll fully support your decision.

My approach would be to talk with them, a discussion, not a lecture. Talk with them about the lost person they are interested in to learn more about him, what she likes about him, what she may not like, and then move the conversation into matters of how that all relates to her faith and what the Word says. At the end of the conversation I wouldn't press her for a decision (if she's ready to make one, fine) I would ask her to think about what we had talked about and really think things through and we could talk more if she wants or when she thinks she knows what she wants to do she can come and tell me.

If she would happen to decide to go ahead with the marriage I would make it clear that I couldn't bless it. I'd make sure she understands that I love her, I would be calm and loving with her, but I would make sure she understood that in accord with Scripture there is no way I could give my blessing to such.

How make it harder for you, how about if he is a JW.

• Members

Falls in love with one of a different faith, like JW or other.  Thanks 

If we raise our children in accord with Scripture this is far less likely to happen. Others have posted of the importance of having good parental/child relations as they are growing up, which helps when they are older. Also, in raising them in Christ we should help them to understand the importance of making sure their closest friends are Christians. Most people eventually find their mate among or through their friends. We teach them the importance of not spending time along with those of the opposite sex. We teach them what Scripture says about Christians marrying Christians, and not non-Christians, so they know ahead of time how to view this. All of these things help to point our child in the right direction and lessen the chances they would consider getting involved with a non-Christian.

• Members

If we raise our children in accord with Scripture this is far less likely to happen. Others have posted of the importance of having good parental/child relations as they are growing up, which helps when they are older. Also, in raising them in Christ we should help them to understand the importance of making sure their closest friends are Christians. Most people eventually find their mate among or through their friends. We teach them the importance of not spending time along with those of the opposite sex. We teach them what Scripture says about Christians marrying Christians, and not non-Christians, so they know ahead of time how to view this. All of these things help to point our child in the right direction and lessen the chances they would consider getting involved with a non-Christian.

:verymad:  :preggo:  Daddy, we can teach him the truth.

• Moderators

My oldest daughter has just spent a night and day in jail, from once again picking a winner. They got in a fight, she scratched him on the arm, police got involved and she went away for DOMESTIC ABUSE. Her mom just paid her bail and got her out. I'm hoping to see her tomorrow and have a talk with her about her choices.

• Members

My oldest daughter has just spent a night and day in jail, from once again picking a winner. They got in a fight, she scratched him on the arm, police got involved and she went away for DOMESTIC ABUSE. Her mom just paid her bail and got her out. I'm hoping to see her tomorrow and have a talk with her about her choices.

So sad. I'll be praying for all of you.

Archived