Online Baptist
  • Welcome Guest

Tired of all the fighting that goes on in facebook groups? Are you ready for a community where you can talk about things of God and the Bible without getting branded a heretic? Well, we are glad you found us. Why don't you give us a try and see how friendly and different we are. - BroMatt

The Glory Land

Can And Cannot For Pastors....

No to beard? And why not, may I ask, (as I stroke my manly facial hair)?

A pastor I have known for over 30 years (and have preached in meetings with) uses Joseph as an example saying that when he went in to see the king (Pharaoh) he first shaved and we should present ourselves to the King shaven.

I actually know a pastor who says that due to the late night extending into early morning trial, Jesus didn't have the opportunity to shave and when they plucked His beard -- it was overnight stubble!!

Seriously?  Were they armed with tweezers, then??  J/K

A pastor I have known for over 30 years (and have preached in meetings with) uses Joseph as an example saying that when he went in to see the king (Pharaoh) he first shaved and we should present ourselves to the King shaven.

Honestly, I've never looked into this much, but my first thought is did he shave because it had something to do with what the Egyptian custom? 

No to beard? And why not, may I ask, (as I stroke my manly facial hair)?

I am more concerned with that sickly olive green ..... Ho Ho Ho Green Giant  ....... coloring to your face.  I see no facial hair????  Pinch your self and wake up...

And when the messengers of David had their beards shaven, David told them to stay put until their beards were grown back, and I'd say, if someone wants to pull something out of scripture that has nothing to do with the context, this would be more applicable, since this is David, king of israel, the apple of God's eye. Don't come back into the presence of the King until your beard is grown.

I actually know a pastor who says that due to the late night extending into early morning trial, Jesus didn't have the opportunity to shave and when they plucked His beard -- it was overnight stubble!!

:nuts:

I am more concerned with that sickly olive green ..... Ho Ho Ho Green Giant  ....... coloring to your face.  I see no facial hair????  Pinch your self and wake up...

You know, I had to shave my mustache off; I got a fungus of some type.  I had a bald spot. :(  So you like my like green shirt...  :)

And when the messengers of David had their beards shaven, David told them to stay put until their beards were grown back, and I'd say, if someone wants to pull something out of scripture that has nothing to do with the context, this would be more applicable, since this is David, king of israel, the apple of God's eye. Don't come back into the presence of the King until your beard is grown.

I'm in trouble then....
After a month of not shaving I look like a scruffy patchy mess.
I can't ever go into the presence of the king then? :(

;)

I'm in trouble then....
After a month of not shaving I look like a scruffy patchy mess.
I can't ever go into the presence of the king then? :(

;)

If only my beard could be as soft and full as my oldest son's  -- but alas, it's more like a Wire-Haired Terrier

Psalms 133:1-2 A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;

Aaron had a beard... and God made him a Priest of the Tabernacle.

:preggo:  :pregb: Now, why do you suppose those emoticon people bothered to create preggo emoticons in both pink and blue?  :coverlaugh:

For the poor husband who don't just have sympathy pains, they have sympathy pregnancy too! :bigshock:

I don't like pink, for its about the Susan G. Komen foundation who supports Planned Parenthood & abortion.

Komen Still Sends Big Bucks to Planned Parenthood Abortion Business

If you give to the Komen foundation your money just may go to support abortions.

It seems to me that a Godly jew must have had a beard.

Lev 19:27  Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

My wife is a Jew. Please don't tell her she has to have a beard.

correction, Jewish male!!! lol