• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Can And Cannot For Pastors....

The Glory Land

• Moderators

Didn't Jesus have a beard? 

I actually know a pastor who says that due to the late night extending into early morning trial, Jesus didn't have the opportunity to shave and when they plucked His beard -- it was overnight stubble!!

• Moderators

No to beard? And why not, may I ask, (as I stroke my manly facial hair)?

A pastor I have known for over 30 years (and have preached in meetings with) uses Joseph as an example saying that when he went in to see the king (Pharaoh) he first shaved and we should present ourselves to the King shaven.

• Members

I actually know a pastor who says that due to the late night extending into early morning trial, Jesus didn't have the opportunity to shave and when they plucked His beard -- it was overnight stubble!!

Seriously?  Were they armed with tweezers, then??  J/K

A pastor I have known for over 30 years (and have preached in meetings with) uses Joseph as an example saying that when he went in to see the king (Pharaoh) he first shaved and we should present ourselves to the King shaven.

Honestly, I've never looked into this much, but my first thought is did he shave because it had something to do with what the Egyptian custom? 

• Moderators

And when the messengers of David had their beards shaven, David told them to stay put until their beards were grown back, and I'd say, if someone wants to pull something out of scripture that has nothing to do with the context, this would be more applicable, since this is David, king of israel, the apple of God's eye. Don't come back into the presence of the King until your beard is grown.

• Members

I am more concerned with that sickly olive green ..... Ho Ho Ho Green Giant  ....... coloring to your face.  I see no facial hair????  Pinch your self and wake up...

You know, I had to shave my mustache off; I got a fungus of some type.  I had a bald spot. :(  So you like my like green shirt...  :)

• Members

And when the messengers of David had their beards shaven, David told them to stay put until their beards were grown back, and I'd say, if someone wants to pull something out of scripture that has nothing to do with the context, this would be more applicable, since this is David, king of israel, the apple of God's eye. Don't come back into the presence of the King until your beard is grown.

I'm in trouble then....
After a month of not shaving I look like a scruffy patchy mess.
I can't ever go into the presence of the king then? :(

;)

Archived