• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hair And Cover

allen32

• Members

you know we get off the main thing hair and cover. that all it was about. thanks brother and sister 

Brothers!

When I went to a Brethren church in Hythe, they had a row of scarves hanging in the entrance with a note asking visiting women without hats to take a scarf and wear it. 

David

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

No, not at all swath.  In fact, my statement doesn't have anything to do with his response at all, here.  He just sounds like some Roman Catholic priests, I have known in the past, who constantly harp on things and continue to defend something after many people have pointed out the obvious.  Ukelelemike has my very sound Biblical points on the subject of submission.  I learned them in my IFB church, and from various books on submission and how to be a "helpmeet."  Jerry sounds just like a few chavaunistic Catholic priests I know from when I was in the RCC.  I didn't know man's responsibilty or role in the Bible until I came to my IFB church.  The RCC blames the woman for everything.  It is always the woman's fault according to many priests in the RCC.  They blame Eve for what happened in the Garden of Eden.  It was only until I came to the IFB that I found out Adam needed to take that responsibilty and protect Eve, which he didn't.  I am confused with Jerry's comments back to Ukelelemike, when the Bible is clear on the subject.  That is all.   

If I may, this is one of my little "quinkie dinks":

Every other place in the KJB that a person finds the word "meet" used in a manner not related to arriving in a location with another person or object (Ex 8:26; Judg 5:30; Ezra 4:14; Ester 2:9; Job 34:31; Prov 11:24; Jer 26:14;27:5; Ezek 15:4-5; Mt 3:8;15:26; Mk 7:27; Lk 15:32; Acts 26:20; Rom 1:27; 1 Cor 15:9;16:4; Phil 1:7; Col 1:12; 2 Thess 1:3; 2 Tim 2:21; Heb 6:7; 2 Pet 1:13) people correctly state it is "right, proper or suitable for" but when they hit THE SAME WORD in these 2 verses (Gen 2:18,20) they want to combine the noun (help -- noun, not verb here as indicated by the article "an") with the adjective (meet) and create a non-existent word -- helpmeet (or some say helpmate).

I know I am  :ot: , please forgive.

• Moderators

Brothers!

When I went to a Brethren church in Hythe, they had a row of scarves hanging in the entrance with a note asking visiting women without hats to take a scarf and wear it. 

David

I don't have a problem with that.

• Members

No, not at all swath.  In fact, my statement doesn't have anything to do with his response at all, here.  He just sounds like some Roman Catholic priests, I have known in the past, who constantly harp on things and continue to defend something after many people have pointed out the obvious.  Ukelelemike has my very sound Biblical points on the subject of submission.  I learned them in my IFB church, and from various books on submission and how to be a "helpmeet."  Jerry sounds just like a few chavaunistic Catholic priests I know from when I was in the RCC.  I didn't know man's responsibilty or role in the Bible until I came to my IFB church.  The RCC blames the woman for everything.  It is always the woman's fault according to many priests in the RCC.  They blame Eve for what happened in the Garden of Eden.  It was only until I came to the IFB that I found out Adam needed to take that responsibilty and protect Eve, which he didn't.  I am confused with Jerry's comments back to Ukelelemike, when the Bible is clear on the subject.  That is all.   

Instead of throwing the word Catholic at me perhaps you ought to go to the Bible first, while paying very close attentions to the verses I pointed out.

As for me I'm not blaming anyone, I'm taking the Bible as it is.

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The verse above is very simple for anyone to read & understand, yet I understand some, perhaps many refuse to accept God's way, & will go there on way using verses out of context to smooth over their conscience. And for those that refuse God's way, I refuse to bow to them & their way.

And you can accused me of being whatever you chose, a RCC, a chauvinistic, & or any name you chose to call me, name calling isn't very nice like, yet when some get mad they can't help there self, I guess its their only defense.

I'm puzzled, all the name calling, getting bent out of shape, seems some are hearing something they never heard, but I provided Holy Scriptures.

Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works

Take a close look at this very, its very clear that all that finds them self in Hell are not going to be punished them same, they will be punished according to their own works. Remember, God is 100% fair, 100% honest, & those in Hell will receive fit punishment for what they have done.

• Members

Brothers!

David

Being as I was a guest, a visitor, I would do it their way, if I could not, & it went against my beliefs in God I would politely leave.

For instants if I had been invited to dinner in dinner in someone else's home I would try to do at they do & not cause any type of commotion or scene, even though they told me to make myself at home. I would be the same way when visiting a church.

• Members

Instead of throwing the word Catholic at me perhaps you ought to go to the Bible first, while paying very close attentions to the verses I pointed out.

As for me I'm not blaming anyone, I'm taking the Bible as it is.

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The verse above is very simple for anyone to read & understand, yet I understand some, perhaps many refuse to accept God's way, & will go there on way using verses out of context to smooth over their conscience. And for those that refuse God's way, I refuse to bow to them & their way.

And you can accused me of being whatever you chose, a RCC, a chauvinistic, & or any name you chose to call me, name calling isn't very nice like, yet when some get mad they can't help there self, I guess its their only defense.

I'm puzzled, all the name calling, getting bent out of shape, seems some are hearing something they never heard, but I provided Holy Scriptures.

Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works

Take a close look at this very, its very clear that all that finds them self in Hell are not going to be punished them same, they will be punished according to their own works. Remember, God is 100% fair, 100% honest, & those in Hell will receive fit punishment for what they have done.

With all due respect, Jerry.  I have a pastor and a very good one at that.  I also have a very godly husband, who I obey.  I answer to the Lord Jesus Christ, my husband, and my pastor.  OB is not my substitute for my IFB church.  It is additional fellowship with like-minded believers.  I just can't help but notice your constant condemantion of John, and Laura... specifically.  Where is your Christian charity?  You also question the scripture that Ukelelemike puts up, as if he doesn't know the Bible as well as you do?  I find that very prideful on your part.  You are constantly spitting out numerous computer generated scriptures, that are a bit overwhelming for some.  Maybe, post a couple in your posts,  as the majority of us read our Bibles daily and don't need your constant chastising.  I take time in God's word everyday with my husband.  That is what the Bible commands me to do, as he is the spiritual head of my household.  You are not my pastor.  You have your own flock to tend to.  The IFB pastors that I know are too busy with their flock, to be on IFB message boards chastising people they have never met in person.  

• Members

No, not at all swath.  

He just sounds like some Roman Catholic priests  

...Jerry sounds just like a few chavaunistic Catholic priests

...I am confused with Jerry's comments

Ok, but it seems to me you're making an inaccurate and unfair accusation.  He's just posting scripture; accept it or reject it on the premise provided.

As for a lady's covering, I love my wife's and daughters' long hair and though they seldom wear them anymore, they all look cute in a hat!  

• Members

Ok, but it seems to me you're making an inaccurate and unfair accusation.  He's just posting scripture; accept it or reject it on the premise provided.

As for a lady's covering, I love my wife's and daughters' long hair and though they seldom wear them anymore, they all look cute in a hat!  

Don't get me wrong, swath.  It has nothing to do with the scriptures Brother Jerry was posting.  I love the word of God and have always held to the KJV.  Jerry also is a very good IFB man of God.  My point is, I know several saved Roman Catholic priests.  My sister's priest is one of them.  When visiting my mom, some time back, in her nursing home... my MIL asked this priest how he knew for sure he was going to heaven.  She also told him why she left the RCC.  Well, this priest was not offended and gave a Biblical response.  He said nothing about works. BTW, my MIL is the most godly woman in my life.  I mentioned this before, but almost a year ago, my former FIL passed on.  The RCC priest, at the funeral home, preached like a Baptist preacher.  He even gave the salvation message.  After that service, I was able to witness to a Roman Catholic man b/c of the priest's message on salvation.  I also attended 7th-8th grade in parochial school.  The assistant priest was also a born again Christian.   Sadly, the Diocease of Cleveland shipped him off to San Salvadore. My parents were so upset, saying that the Vatican gets rid of the best of them.  I didn't realize it at the time, but he was preaching from the word of God, from the altar, in the RCC church.  A saint in my former IFB church, told me about it years later.  He also said my 8th grade History teacher was born again.  They got rid of her, too.  My 7th grade Math teacher taught from the 1970's Hippy Bible, "The Way."  I didn't know that until later, after this gentleman from my former IFB church told me that.  However, I vaguely remember the Bible, and later bought a copy of it.  My memories had returned.  The church kept Sr. Maurice, though.  My husband, who was raised in the parochial school from 1st grade to 8th grade, told me about a black priest who was a Bible believing Christian, as well.  Then, the Diocese of Cleveland got rid of him, too.  Joe couldn't remember where he shipped him off to, though.

I have no problem with long hair.  I actually like my hair long, but have trouble with it b/c it is so unruly.  I am a little bit Spanish, as the Spanish Armada, docked on the shores of Ireland and bread with the Irish women many years ago.  There are one, "Black Irish" woman, as we are called, it each of my dad's sibling's families.  I am it.  My hair takes a lot of work.  I spend over an hour on it to blow dry and straighten it, otherwise it swamps my whole face.  I am also 1/4 German Jew, on my mother's side of the family.  According to the Beis Din, the highest Rabbinical Council in Judaism, I am halachically a Jew, b/c the women in my mom's family are Jewish.  Although, I don't believe in Jewish law... I believe in DNA.  Anyway, my mom and I searched several geneology sites, years back, and discovered her mother's ancestry b/c it was such a mystery.  Her grandmother hid her Jewishness, b/c of the Russian Pograms.  Her parents inserted an "i" into the Jewish name to make it look non Jewish.  My mom's grandmother married a RC Irish man and came to the USA from Baden-Baden (The Black Forest) of Germany.  My sister and her family visited a few years back.  Anyway, why am I telling you this?  Well, I love hair coverings.  I always have.  When I was a child, my sister and I used to wear a bonnet to church.  I am leaning to wearing a scarf, as one of my doctors is married to a Muslim man, and the girls in her office wear scarves.  I live on the westside of Cleveland in a highly populated Muslim area.  The eastside of town is highly Jewish.  Both Jewish and Muslim women wear scarves and the Jewish women sometimes wear wigs.  These are the Torah Observant Jews, which is equivalent to a Bible Believing Christian.  When I go for my follow up check up in a few months, at my doctor's office, I am going to ask the one of the Palestinian American women, in the office, how she ties her scarves.  Also, two Syrian American women trim and style my hair when needed.  Although they are not Islamic, rather Maronite Catholic, I could also ask Ramia and Bascall to help me.  Also, if you could please pray for their salvation, swath?  I have been witnessing to them for a couple of months.  Thanks in advance.  Sorry, for the length of my post.  I just wanted to clear the air and give you a bit of my testimony.

BTW, I just know your daughters are adorable in those hats.  :)    I always loved to wear them when I was a little girl.  I was always a "girly girl."  It would be so nice if those styles would come back. 

• Members

No such thing as a saved roman catholic priest.

The roman catholic church is a den of iniquity. Full of idols and idolaters.

One who claims to be saved and remains in the roman catholic church is deceived. He is no more saved than a banana is a grape.

Are mere men in a position to say who is or isn't saved? Such is sacred ground.

While I've never personally known a Catholic to be saved and stay in the RCC, I've heard of some who have/do. I've never known or heard of a Catholic priest being saved, but such is possible, and one would hope at some point they would realize the need to walk in accord with Scripture, preach true to the Word so their congregation could finally hear the true Gospel, and then move on.

While not RCC, I do know of some pastors who seem to be biblically saved (as well as laity) who remain in various churches which have some wrong teaching or are watered down to some extent.

Even Scripture tells us that some are saved but never mature, all their things in this life will be burned up so they will receive no rewards, yet they are saved and enter heaven.

• Members

The Word of God declares who is saved.

2 Corinthians 6:17 (KJV) 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

2 Corinthians 6:18 (KJV) 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

God declares those who remain in idolatry are not His.

You sure are adamant about defending roman catholic lies lately, John. Not good at all

• Members

And you are sure quick to judge people of whom you know almost nothing.
Can you categorically say that not one person who attends a catholic church in the whole world is saved?

Because that is what you said.....

• Members

You said "One who claims to be saved and remains in the roman catholic church is deceived. He is no more saved than a banana is a grape."

I agree that a person who gets saved SHOULD NOT remain in the catholic Church, but that is not what you said......

Archived