• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hair And Cover

allen32

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Though I am not a Baptist Brider either -- just for clarification: Briders generally don't teach that only Baptists are going to Heaven, they teach (again, for the most part) that only properly baptized Baptists will be in the Bride of Christ. All other saved people will be guests and attendants.

Not my stance but mentioned for accuracy sake.

Thank you for clarifying for me, brother.  That makes more sense.  I have heard it from other faiths, not IFB's.  I still don't think I am a Baptist Brider, but I heard the term thrown around several times.  I can now give Pentacostals an accurate definition of it if it ever comes up in a conversation, again.  My area is filled with Pentacostal churches, and I heard a woman talk about it in a church, years back.  I am always running into various Christians all over town.  Praise God for that!

• Members

I don't care, Jerry.  At one time the Presbyterians taught right out of the KJV, strong doctrine included.  Not all Christians are Baptist's, Jerry.  Numerous evangelists, in past history, were often times not Baptists.  Our country and world is filled with men of God who preached the word of God, correctly, yet weren't Baptist.  You are starting to sound like a "Baptist Brider."  I am not one.  Baptists aren't the only ones going to heaven.  The requirement for heaven is accepting the Lord Jesus Christ, as Personal Saviour.  And, knowing that salvation is not by works, but by Christ's shed blood on the Cross of Calvary.  A personal relationship with the King of Kings and Lord of Lord is exquisite, no words can describe that.  While I am prone to the Baptist faith, given the rich history, and knowing we hold to the teachings of the early church, I certainly don't believe that only Baptists are the only people going to heaven.  That isn't scriptural.  We will be surprised, one day, who will will see in heaven, and believe it or not, some Baptists aren't going to make it.  A denomination does not get people an entrance key into the Kingdom of heaven.  The requirement is so simple.  Complicating God's word is what confuses people.  I prefer to keep the message simple.  Christ certainly did.  Aren't we supposed to carry on the message that Christ taught? 

Billy Graham came from the same bunch, and of course you know that Matthew Henry lived from October 18, 1662 to June 22, 1714 & we did not have all the MV's, NIV's & such as we have today competing with the KJ.

The Presbyterians as a denomination has always taught works based salvation, teaching infants to be baptist so they could be saved, & considered any infant that had been baptized into their church, saved, even if they never made a profession of faith.

• Members

Sbmission doesn't mean inequality. Jesus made Himself a servant to His disciples, yet He was Lord of them all.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body

Lets see, the verse says Christ is head of the church, the husband is head of the wife, that's not the equality that your proclaiming.

If you want equality you will have to join forces with the political community & the world, best wishes.

No put down, just stating Bible truths, it is the only thing that counts when that day comes. And I know, many will teach equality to stay on the good side of everyone, especially the women who wear the pants in the family & their husbands.

Yet right along with that teaching we are to teach this verse to.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

And the man of God will not use his postilion to lord over his wife, but to love, respect, & cherish her with all his heart.

Because some abuse it is not a good reason not to teach it, we need to stay with the Bible teachings.

• Members

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body

Lets see, the verse says Christ is head of the church, the husband is head of the wife, that's not the equality that your proclaiming.

If you want equality you will have to join forces with the political community & the world, best wishes.

No put down, just stating Bible truths, it is the only thing that counts when that day comes. And I know, many will teach equality to stay on the good side of everyone, especially the women who wear the pants in the family & their husbands.

Yet right along with that teaching we are to teach this verse to.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

And the man of God will not use his postilion to lord over his wife, but to love, respect, & cherish her with all his heart.

Because some abuse it is not a good reason not to teach it, we need to stay with the Bible teachings.

Are you saying the one in submission is less than the one who is over them?

• Members

Though I am not a Baptist Brider either -- just for clarification: Briders generally don't teach that only Baptists are going to Heaven, they teach (again, for the most part) that only properly baptized Baptists will be in the Bride of Christ. All other saved people will be guests and attendants.

Not my stance but mentioned for accuracy sake.

Your correct, I've heard some say they teach like the Catholics & the coC & teach that no one who is not a member of their churches will not go to Heaven. Many uninformed people causing all kinds of teachings to spring up.

• Members
What John asked got me to thinking after I made a reply, & I did not fully answer his question. Sorry. The subject at hand is not about who is better than anyone else, & that rightly had nothing to do with the subject, its about if we are all equal or not, not about if someone is better than someone else. Its not about whether the wife is better than the husband, it about what the Bible says. And no one has ever heard me say that anyone was better than anyone else, simply because I’ve never stated that. What I’ve been pointing about is all people are not created equal. And I have already posted verses that proves that point. So I will not add to that point.

Some more thoughts on equality.

Many people seem to claim when we get to Heaven we will all be equal, that’s not true, some will lose rewards, some will gain rewards.

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Wit some getting rewards, some losing rewards, that proves we will not all be equal in Heaven. Yet, in Heaven there will be no sin whatsoever so there will be no jealously, lust, nor envy, or we could say there will be no sin present in Heaven. Each person will be perfectly happy with his or her place, what ever it may be.

And that is not something I will judge, I do not judge others rewards nor their salvation, Jesus will be the judge for that, & He will give rewards to those who has served Him properly, sad to say some will lose all rewards yet keep their salvation.

Just as in Hell all people will not be punished equally, they will be punished according to what their works have been in this life.

Re 20:11 ¶ And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Re 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Re 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Re 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Lu 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Lu 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

That is some will get many stripes in Hell, some fewer, Jesus will give them a just punishment, they will not receive one more stripe than they deserve. A just punishment, which during this time we fail to mete out just punishment, many times rewarding those who deserve many stripes & giving stripes to those that deserve rewards.

Isn't it wonderful to know that Jesus will be perfect & just in giving or taking rewards for those who enter Heaven, & in handing out stripes for punishment in Hell? Everyone will receive exactly what they deserve & there will be no ‘dream team’ representing anyone at either judgment seat, each person will be facing the 'One True Just Judge, Jesus.'

• Members

Read the Scriptures & believe while loving your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it. Love sacrifices doesn't it?

You didn't answer the question I asked.

edited after reading another post:

It seems you kind of answered my question in a later post. Thank you, I understand what you were trying to say now.

• Members

Billy Graham came from the same bunch, and of course you know that Matthew Henry lived from October 18, 1662 to June 22, 1714 & we did not have all the MV's, NIV's & such as we have today competing with the KJ.

The Presbyterians as a denomination has always taught works based salvation, teaching infants to be baptist so they could be saved, & considered any infant that had been baptized into their church, saved, even if they never made a profession of faith.

Jerry, your posts lately have been off the wall brother.  You sound exactly like a saved Roman Catholic priest.  Yeah, there are lots of them.

• Members

Jerry, your posts lately have been off the wall brother.  You sound exactly like a saved Roman Catholic priest.  Yeah, there are lots of them.

Is your statement of Jerry being "off the wall" supported by your examples of him posting about Billy Graham and Matthew Henry?

• Members

Lu 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Lu 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

That is some will get many stripes in Hell, some fewer, Jesus will give them a just punishment, they will not receive one more stripe than they deserve. A just punishment, which during this time we fail to mete out just punishment, many times rewarding those who deserve many stripes & giving stripes to those that deserve rewards.

I don't understand your reasoning here, Jerry.  What happens when they have received all their stripes?

Sounds like pugatory to me.

• Members

Is your statement of Jerry being "off the wall" supported by your examples of him posting about Billy Graham and Matthew Henry?

No, not at all swath.  In fact, my statement doesn't have anything to do with his response at all, here.  He just sounds like some Roman Catholic priests, I have known in the past, who constantly harp on things and continue to defend something after many people have pointed out the obvious.  Ukelelemike has my very sound Biblical points on the subject of submission.  I learned them in my IFB church, and from various books on submission and how to be a "helpmeet."  Jerry sounds just like a few chavaunistic Catholic priests I know from when I was in the RCC.  I didn't know man's responsibilty or role in the Bible until I came to my IFB church.  The RCC blames the woman for everything.  It is always the woman's fault according to many priests in the RCC.  They blame Eve for what happened in the Garden of Eden.  It was only until I came to the IFB that I found out Adam needed to take that responsibilty and protect Eve, which he didn't.  I am confused with Jerry's comments back to Ukelelemike, when the Bible is clear on the subject.  That is all.   

• Members

I did not even hint at nothing like purgatory nor RCC teaching.

Mt 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Mt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mt 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Yet is you want equality you had better turn to the world.

Lu 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

Some needs to do a bit of Bible study before making such accusations & if you want equality it will never be had on earth, nor in Heaven, nor in Hell.

Archived