• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hair And Cover

allen32

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most of what I posted above was to show the foolishness of saying it is wrong to wear a pink ribbon to show support for breast cancer awareness.

It was to show if one is going to say wearing pink identifies one as pro abortion, then shaving ones head identifies that one with buddhists, etc.

• Members

We're to avoid all appearance of evil.  What would people think of you if you today if you drove around with a rainbow on your visor?  Or how about calling your church, Rainbow Baptist with a big colorful rainbow on the sign?  Who might show up?

• Moderators

Every atheist I have ever known has wore shoes.  Better get rid of your shoes or you might be mistaken for an atheist.

Every buddhist monk is bald.  Better never let that hair fall our or you might be mistaken for a buddhist monk.

Every JW goes grocery shopping, better stop going to the store.   Don't want to imitate the JW's.

The pink ribbon does not represent Komen.  It represents breast cancer awareness.

:ot:

This isn't directed to you, SFIC, but its a general comment:

Always wondered why we need to wear a ribbon to show we are 'aware' of something. Who isn't aware of breast cancer, seriously?  Breast cancer fund-raising, as is most cancer fund-raising or anything else, are all big scams. I ask you, why, after decades of research and multiplied-millions of dollars, is cancer still primarily treated by the cut/burn/poison method? The same thing done for decades?  Why are alternative methods, which boast great success, still outlawed and scoffed at? Simply, because there is huge money in 'research', but really little in cures.

How much money would a drug company make if they had a cure for something? I mean, a real cure: take this, you'll be cured? Not much, compared to what they make with 'take two of these for the rest of your life and you won't feel as bad', does.

Okay, sorry, went off topic for a moment. Back to the subject at hand!

• Moderators

The purpose of the pink ribbon is clearly defined.  Everyone knows it stands for breast cancer awareness.

Wearing a pink ribbon does not send out messages of evil.  But the sodomite rainbow emblem does.

And this is another shame-the very first token of God's covenant with man, the rainbow, why did we let the perverts take that? It was meant to remind us of the promise that God would never again destroy the earth with a flood, yet now most who see it only see perversion. I would rename my church the Rainbow Baptist Church, and then when the homosexuals show up thinking they have a place to be safely perverse, they would get an earful of the gospel of Jesus Christ and know what true love is.

• Members

Most of what I posted above was to show the foolishness of saying it is wrong to wear a pink ribbon to show support for breast cancer awareness.

It was to show if one is going to say wearing pink identifies one as pro abortion, then shaving ones head identifies that one with buddhists, etc.

If like just a few weeks about they had a big event in our hose town that's about 6 miles from me. It was a fund raising event for the Komen organization, & they encouraged everyone to wear pink. I would not want to be identified with the Komen's who supports abortions, & I would not want to support in any manner an organization that supports abortions.

Do yo really believe Jesus would do anything to support such an organization? Of course he wouldn't.

Of, for a while they stopped supporting abortions, yet they found out no supporting abortions made their donations go down, so again, so they started supporting abortions once again & their donations went back up. The reason is we are out numbered, I refuse to follow the crowd, they're all gathered up at the broad wide gate & can't wait to get in.

• Members

Okay, still :ot: ?  Let me begin.  We had a discussion with the brethren in my IFB church this year about something to this effect.  I can't remember exactly what it was about, however, it was about boycotting certain companies and events.  My FIL began by saying "I suppose we can only go to gas stations owned and operated by IFB's b/c all other gas stations are ungodly." *sarcasm*  Now, that would be difficult b/c I have no idea how long one would have to travel, in my area, to find such a station.  And, do any IFB's even own gas stations?  So, it appears that we are going to have to go to those stations owned and operated by Muslims and Hindus, who also sell lottery tickets, cigarettes and booze.  Also, the "mom and pop" restaurant in town, just found out that their youngest son is a sodomite.  Should we boycott their restaurant b/c we don't want to support junior, as he is 20 and living under mom and dad's roof?  What are we to do with our government?  Since 1973 with Roe v. Wade, we (as taxpayers) have been supporting abortion in this nation.  As ill as that makes me, and it does... what then?  I believe Jesus talks about that in scripture, a few times.  One of these times is in the Book of Matthew 22:18-22... "Is It Lawful to Pay Taxes?  "18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?  19 Shew (show) me the tribute money, and they brought unto him a penny, 20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?  21 They say unto him, Caesar's.  Then saith he unto them, Render (pay) therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.  22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left him and went their way." 

While the above scriptures pertain to government, I believe a lesson can be learned from these passages in other areas of concern and debate.  Why not share the word of God with those who are carnal, doing ungodly work in carnal organizations?  I make it my business, to go into town, find worldy events, pass out gospel tracks... and go may way.  When Christ told us to follow "The Great Commission"... He did not make this an option.  It is a commandment to those He calls His own.  I take my voice and gospel tracks to the gas station, to the grocery store, to the drug store, etc. and leave God's word with the unsaved.  Saturday, of last week, I planted just a small seed to a Hindu man (a Sheik) who most likely has never heard the word of God.  I thanked him and said, many blessings to you today.  He smiled, and said, the same to you. ma'am.  The word, blessings, is a good place to start before getting into the gospel.  I have used it many times before.  

Boycotting seems extreme to me.  The world is what it is.  "The world."  We are placed on this earth to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.  That waiter, in the restaurant, with the earing in his nose, and the tatoos all over his body?  Christ died for him, too.  Someone shared the gospel with us.  Why not share it with organizations that are ungodly, instead of shunning them?  Pass out those books on John and Romans to the Susan Komen organization.  They need to know they are sinners heading towards a devil's hell.  Why not be the beacon of light to them, so that they can hopefully come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour?  Many of them don't likely know that Komen follows "Planned Parenthood".  Just as I, and many other Roman Catholics, had no idea of our religion, until God took us out of it.  The gospel shows us that.   

• Members

Okay, still :ot: ?  Let me begin.  We had a discussion with the brethren in my IFB church this year about something to this effect.  I can't remember exactly what it was about, however, it was about boycotting certain companies and events.  My FIL began by saying "I suppose we can only go to gas stations owned and operated by IFB's b/c all other gas stations are ungodly." *sarcasm*  Now, that would be difficult b/c I have no idea how long one would have to travel, in my area, to find such a station.  And, do any IFB's even own gas stations?  So, it appears that we are going to have to go to those stations owned and operated by Muslims and Hindus, who also sell lottery tickets, cigarettes and booze.  Also, the "mom and pop" restaurant in town, just found out that their youngest son is a sodomite.  Should we boycott their restaurant b/c we don't want to support junior, as he is 20 and living under mom and dad's roof?  What are we to do with our government?  Since 1973 with Roe v. Wade, we (as taxpayers) have been supporting abortion in this nation.  As ill as that makes me, and it does... what then?  I believe Jesus talks about that in scripture, a few times.  One of these times is in the Book of Matthew 22:18-22... "Is It Lawful to Pay Taxes?  "18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?  19 Shew (show) me the tribute money, and they brought unto him a penny, 20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?  21 They say unto him, Caesar's.  Then saith he unto them, Render (pay) therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.  22 When they had heard these words, they marveled, and left him and went their way." 

While the above scriptures pertain to government, I believe a lesson can be learned from these passages in other areas of concern and debate.  Why not share the word of God with those who are carnal, doing ungodly work in carnal organizations?  I make it my business, to go into town, find worldy events, pass out gospel tracks... and go may way.  When Christ told us to follow "The Great Commission"... He did not make this an option.  It is a commandment to those He calls His own.  I take my voice and gospel tracks to the gas station, to the grocery store, to the drug store, etc. and leave God's word with the unsaved.  Saturday, of last week, I planted just a small seed to a Hindu man (a Sheik) who most likely has never heard the word of God.  I thanked him and said, many blessings to you today.  He smiled, and said, the same to you. ma'am.  The word, blessings, is a good place to start before getting into the gospel.  I have used it many times before.  

Boycotting seems extreme to me.  The world is what it is.  "The world."  We are placed on this earth to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.  That waiter, in the restaurant, with the earing in his nose, and the tatoos all over his body?  Christ died for him, too.  Someone shared the gospel with us.  Why not share it with organizations that are ungodly, instead of shunning them?  Pass out those books on John and Romans to the Susan Komen organization.  They need to know they are sinners heading towards a devil's hell.  Why not be the beacon of light to them, so that they can hopefully come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour?  Many of them don't likely know that Komen follows "Planned Parenthood".  Just as I, and many other Roman Catholics, had no idea of our religion, until God took us out of it.  The gospel shows us that.   

:goodpost: Can't hit my "like" button anymore for the day.  :-)

• Members

Hair length is not the main point of this passage of Scripture 1 Corinthians 11:3-15.  It is about gender roles (feminine and masculine), authority and submission.

Men should look like men, and women should look like women. God is not interested in, nor does He accept, “unisex.”

It matters how we present ourselves.

Women are to voluntarily place themselves under the authority of men in the church.

We should not reverse the God-ordained roles of men and women.

Our culture today does not use veils or head coverings to indicate submission to authority. However, the roles of men and women have not changed, but the way we symbolize those roles changes with the culture.

Rather than establish legalistic standards of hair length, we must remember that the real issue is our heart condition, our individual response to the authority of God, His ordained order, and our choice to walk in submission to that authority. Men and women have different, God-ordained roles, and part of that difference is shown by their hair. A man's hair should look masculine not effeminate. A woman's hair should look feminine not masculine.

• Administrators

Hair length is not the main point of this passage of Scripture 1 Corinthians 11:3-15.  It is about gender roles (feminine and masculine), authority and submission.

Men should look like men, and women should look like women. God is not interested in, nor does He accept, “unisex.”

It matters how we present ourselves.

Women are to voluntarily place themselves under the authority of men in the church.

We should not reverse the God-ordained roles of men and women.

Our culture today does not use veils or head coverings to indicate submission to authority. However, the roles of men and women have not changed, but the way we symbolize those roles changes with the culture.

Rather than establish legalistic standards of hair length, we must remember that the real issue is our heart condition, our individual response to the authority of God, His ordained order, and our choice to walk in submission to that authority. Men and women have different, God-ordained roles, and part of that difference is shown by their hair. A man's hair should look masculine not effeminate. A woman's hair should look feminine not masculine.

I would totally agree with this except one point: that women are to voluntarily submit to men's authority in church.  I'm not sure if you meant that all women are to submit to all men or not, but that's kind of the way it reads to me. (no offense intended...just not clear on it)

I am only subject to one man: my husband.  In the church setting, I am subject to my pastor as long as it's in line with God's Word and my hubby is okay with it (like teaching a Sunday School class - if my pastor came and told me to do it, it would actually need to be okayed by my hubby...I don't go teach it just cuz the pastor told me to - SWIM?).  Too many women have done irreparableharm to their marriages by putting the leadership of the pastor above their husbands. 

My hubby has given me permission to work in Sunday School. So, I am to answer to the pastor who oversees the ministries in that area.  He (my hubby) has extended his authority to that point.  But if it came down to a choice between what my hubby says and the pastor says, I'd have to obey my hubby in order to be scriptural (now, please everyone - I'm not talking about choices to sin....).

One school I taught in had some real issues with the guys.  I found out why.  One of the male teachers was teaching them that they should feel rebellious inside when a woman teacher told them to do something.  Totally unscriptural.  And he was teaching them that the girls should be submissive to them or they wouldn't be good wives.  Again, totally unscriptural.  But that is what a lot of people think.  Any man can order any woman to do something and she is to do it. Totally unscriptural.  It's been taught like that for so long in so many churches, a lot of people don't really understand submission anymore. Couple that with feminism and we have a recipe for disaster!

Archived