• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hair And Cover

allen32

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd venture to say, No, because Jesus wasn't a NAzarite, and the sign of a NAzarite was not cutting their hair, thus, long hair. If Paul, by the Holy Ghost, said that it was a shame for a man to have long hair, then Jesus was shameful and was rebellious against the very Order that He both set and was a part of.

This is not a societal standard, but a biblical one. Yes, at one time many pastors and preachers had long hair-but it still didn't make it right, even if society accepted it. Maybe especially if society accepted it.

Re Christ's hair length:  Never said anything about the Nazarites. Shoulder length, as portrayed in most images of Him through the centuries. 

You say it is a Biblical standard.  Where (chap/verse) in Scripture are the definitions of the length of short and the ​length of long?   What is accepted by society is what determines that.

• Members

I don't like pink, for its about the Susan G. Komen foundation who supports Planned Parenthood & abortion.

If you give to the Komen foundation, the pink people, your money just may go to support abortions, I would not support it in any manner nor recommend anyone to.

Why is it that there's no color to wear for prostate cancer?

• Members

Re Christ's hair length:  Never said anything about the Nazarites. Shoulder length, as portrayed in most images of Him through the centuries. 

You say it is a Biblical standard.  Where (chap/verse) in Scripture are the definitions of the length of short and the ​length of long?   What is accepted by society is what determines that.

If Christ had long hair, which He did not, He would have violated the Holy Scriptures.

1Co 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

And of course, Jesus was obedient 100% of the time.

Lu 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

So it is, Christ Jesus had short hair.

• Members

In any case, I think Arbo is looking for something like:

1 Hezekiah 12:7 And thy hair shall be no more than two inches from the skin of thy scalp at any corner, and shall not touch thine ears at all.

;)

• Members

In any case, I think Arbo is looking for something like:
1 Hezekiah 12:7 And thy hair shall be no more than two inches from the skin of thy scalp at any corner, and shall not touch thine ears at all.
;)

to some extent, i do believe Arbo has a valid argument. The Bible does not state how long long is or how short short is.

Some, like myself, believe anything longer than two inches is long. Others believe two and a half is not wrong, still others see no problem withe four or five inches.

Who determines what constitutes long?

I never could stand my hair to get long enough to cover even the tops of mys ears.

What if God meant that hair was only to be one inch? or less even?

Good thing He did not say it was a sin to have long hair... only a shame.

• Members

Let's also not forget that the pink ribbons and pink for breast cancer awareness are now the symbols for breast cancer awareness and not something exclusive to Komen anymore.

There are better groups to donate to for breast cancer help than Komen and many Christians did switch to others when Komen tried to pull their funding of Planned Parenthood only to quickly cave in when Planned Parenthood and liberal women's groups jumped on them.

Archived