• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Coffee Lounge's In Church Lobby's

Pastor Matt

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And most have ceased being the kind of church that Jesus Christ founded and died for.

It might amaze you that people talk about the Lord over a cup of coffee or tea.  How do you know what they did in the early church, swath?  The Bible doesn't tell us everything.  In fact, they gathered to eat all the time.  Who says they didn't drink coffee and tea?  You have a lot to learn as you were saved in 2007.  Don't we all.  Stop being such a self-righteous jerk!

• Members

It might amaze you that people talk about the Lord over a cup of coffee or tea.  How do you know what they did in the early church, swath?  The Bible doesn't tell us everything.  In fact, they gathered to eat all the time.  Who says they didn't drink coffee and tea?  You have a lot to learn as you were saved in 2007.  Don't we all.  Stop being such a self-righteous jerk!

The Bible does tell us everything that we need to know. BTW: I think we can show a little more respect for our fellow members. I was saved in 1963 and still have a lot to learn.

• Members

The Bible does tell us everything that we need to know. BTW: I think we can show a little more respect for our fellow members. I was saved in 1963 and still have a lot to learn.

I was BORN in 1963! Born again in 1981.

We all have more to learn and I'm thankful when the Lord helped me to realize that many years ago!

• Members

Never been around a $600.00 dollar suit, or dress so when I wrote that that was not what I had in mind. What I had in mind is not disturbing the services plus taking care of the sanctuary. Plus 98% of the children I've been around in church services were well behaved & would not run while in the sanctuary. Yet when you place a drink in the hand of a young child, or even an adult :knuppel:, you never know what may happen. Plus we are told to let all things be done decently and in order, that means keeping anything & everything out of the sanctuary that might cause a disturbance or even confusion.

1Co 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

This is just my thoughts, & I would like to add this.

We are to love our brothers & sisters in Christ, & it seem very foolish & petty to get mad over coffee & leave a church splitting it up. When we love people we tend not to get mad, & if we do we should be very quick to forgive them, not get mad, upset, & leave.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 ¶ Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 ¶ Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Ro 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Wow, Jesus set a great example for not getting made at our bothers & sisters, of being quick to forgive, & as I said before Jesus had a very bad experience when He left glory & came down here to live with us & to sacrifice His life for us to be our Savior. Leaving over coffee is quite petty

• Members

Never been around a $600.00 dollar suit, or dress so when I wrote that that was not what I had in mind. What I had in mind is not disturbing the services plus taking care of the sanctuary. Plus 98% of the children I've been around in church services were well behaved & would not run while in the sanctuary. Yet when you place a drink in the hand of a young child, or even an adult :knuppel:, you never know what may happen. Plus we are told to let all things be done decently and in order, that means keeping anything & everything out of the sanctuary that might cause a disturbance or even confusion.

1Co 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

This is just my thoughts, & I would like to add this.

We are to love our brothers & sisters in Christ, & it seem very foolish & petty to get mad over coffee & leave a church splitting it up. When we love people we tend not to get mad, & if we do we should be very quick to forgive them, not get mad, upset, & leave.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 ¶ Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 ¶ Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Ro 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Wow, Jesus set a great example for not getting made at our bothers & sisters, of being quick to forgive, & as I said before Jesus had a very bad experience when He left glory & came down here to live with us & to sacrifice His life for us to be our Savior. Leaving over coffee is quite petty

My above post (#25) was given with a touch of humor. Except the last sentence, which I strongly believe!!

• Moderators

I have owned and worn a few $400-$1200 suits (Manchester, Piana, etc.) (doesn't happen often but it has happened) ---- but they were purchased for $6.50-$15 at thrift stores and garage sales (in excellent condition too).

Of course I didn't mention the value of them to anyone, if asked about it I just say my wife found it at a (wherever).  

I did, however have one tailor made once (picked out fabric, style, 4 fittings and adjustments during the process) and a pair of boots custom made by a cobbler --- cost $90 total in 1981 (I was in ROK)

• Members

I have owned and worn a few $400-$1200 suits (Manchester, Piana, etc.) (doesn't happen often but it has happened) ---- but they were purchased for $6.50-$15 at thrift stores and garage sales (in excellent condition too).

Of course I didn't mention the value of them to anyone, if asked about it I just say my wife found it at a (wherever).  

I did, however have one tailor made once (picked out fabric, style, 4 fittings and adjustments during the process) and a pair of boots custom made by a cobbler --- cost $90 total in 1981 (I was in ROK)

ROK  Republic of Korea (South Korea)?? Spent two tours there in the late 60s and early 70s.

• Members

That didn't post correctly...sorry. I was attempting to respond to Candlelight's unnecessary comment.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I don't know who you are sonrisa.  However, you did not partake in swathdiver's slander against me on another thread.  He used my screen name to say that I said things that I did not say.  It is very inappropriate and very illegal, as well.

• Members

Yes, the Bible tell us everything we need to know Bro K. however, God doesn't tell us everything.  What He did tell us is that the saints in the NT spent the day fellowshipping with oneaonother.  They went from house to house eating, talking and drinking.  With this in mind, they most likely shared coffee and tea while talking about the things of God. 

I guess you missed swath's comments to me in the CCM thread, Bro K.  He slandered me on two occasions, buy posting two things that I did not say.  He put words in my mouth, by using his own words.  I call it libel and it is illegal.  What swath did to me was illegal.  I have never experienced what he did to me on a public board before.  I expect action to be taken by Bro Matt and the mods against swath's comments about things I never said.

Archived