• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Rough week

• Members

Wow. This week was tough, esp Fri-Sun. With my kids, that is. Seemed like it was full moon time or something. Wild, disobedient, and major, major problems with my oldest and irresponsibility and laziness. We've gotten to where rewards and punishments don't work (he keeps "forgetting") and having trouble figuring out what to do next. He's not a "bad kid" but just stubborn and absolutely no character, and it makes him into a "bad kid" when he's not doing what he's supposed to do. And then the more trouble he gets into, its almost like he gets discouraged and gives up, you know...feels like he's worthless or hated or something. But its hard to be all lovey when you feel like he is constantly doing something wrong.

I guess we just need to pray harder...I dunno...wow...tough week. If I had only known how difficult parenting would be... I guess you really never DO know, until you have them...some people have naturally compliant children and others have naturally bullheaded children. My husband and I are both firstborns so we, I guess...*sigh*....had alot of strong willed children. Especially the firstborn, he's like a double firstborn. haha.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL just be prepared....haha. Those strong willed tendancies seem to trickle down...

I know some of it my fault too...I have some personality flaws (glaring ones) that if I could improve would probably help my children....so its a mixture. Ahhh to be the perfect parent....

LOL just be prepared....haha. Those strong willed tendancies seem to trickle down...

I know some of it my fault too...I have some personality flaws (glaring ones) that if I could improve would probably help my children....so its a mixture. Ahhh to be the perfect parent....

I understand what you mean... I think our kids are gonna be a challenge. They're going to be strong-willed, dangerously smart, sneaky, and pretty cute (so they can make people think they're so innocent...). Seriously, that's what we'd get if our kids turn out to be a mix of what my husband and I were as kids. It's gonna be a challenge! The good thing is... if you get those strong-willed kids disciplined right... and if they're saved and interested in serving God... that strong-willed-ness becomes an advantage for them when they get older because they'll take a stronger stand for what's right than most people their age.

So yeah... just hang in there... and keep praying!

• Members
Wow. This week was tough' date=' esp Fri-Sun. With my kids, that is. Seemed like it was full moon time or something. Wild, disobedient, and major, major problems with my oldest and irresponsibility and laziness. We've gotten to where rewards and punishments don't work (he keeps "forgetting") and having trouble figuring out what to do next. He's not a "bad kid" but just stubborn and absolutely no character, and it makes him into a "bad kid" when he's not doing what he's supposed to do. And then the more trouble he gets into, its almost like he gets discouraged and gives up, you know...feels like he's worthless or hated or something. But its hard to be all lovey when you feel like he is constantly doing something wrong.

I guess we just need to pray harder...I dunno...wow...tough week. If I had only known how difficult parenting would be... I guess you really never DO know, until you have them...some people have naturally compliant children and others have naturally bullheaded children. My husband and I are both firstborns so we, I guess...*sigh*....had alot of strong willed children. Especially the firstborn, he's like a double firstborn. haha.

Check your calendar, Kitagrl. Last night we had the brightest, fullest harvest moon I have seen in looooooooooooooong time. :lol::lol: :lol:

• Members

I'm not kidding....I really do think that full moons have something to do with it....when I was a teen and we would do nursery, and all the kids were bad at once, we would think back and usually it was full moon time! There really is something in that...

• Members
I'm not kidding....I really do think that full moons have something to do with it....when I was a teen and we would do nursery' date=' and all the kids were bad at once, we would think back and usually it was full moon time! There really is something in that...[/quote']
Believe me, I am total in agreement with you. I've seen the same thing many, many times. There is nothing new under the sun.

• Members

Just thinking about raising Benjamin scares me to death sometimes. There is a young couple in our church that have their little boy sitting by their side all through service without a peep...the mama (she's been a great friend to me) stays home with him and trains him. Even though he's a great little guy, he's still rambunctious and mischievious and she's always sharing things with me about how hard it is to know what to do all the time. I'm SO thankful for this church we're in...the fact that little Caleb held up his "Bible" (hymnbook) during church for the sword-drill was just awesome..he's barely 2 years old. It's encouraging to me that I'll be raising my boy in a church where there's another couple who has been there just a little ahead of me.

The longer I go, the more I realize how little I know about life. As a teen you always think you have a pretty good handle on life in general, and you know how you're gonna raise your kids. The closer it gets for me the more I'm relying on my mom and other women who have been there.

Hey Suzy, I think you're an awesome person and a great mom! Just from talking with you...well, you're just a blessing, and I'm sure you're a blessing to your children as well.

Hang in there!! And remember all the stuff you learn from all this so you can pass it on to me when I'm posting on the board when my boy is being bad! LOL

• Members
I'm not kidding....I really do think that full moons have something to do with it....when I was a teen and we would do nursery' date=' and all the kids were bad at once, we would think back and usually it was full moon time! There really is something in that...[/quote']

At the library where I worked, we'd always look out for full moon nights. That's when all the "nuts" would come in the library. Usually guys with a bone to pick and they just really got in your face over everything. I hated working full moon nights....I absolutely think it has something to do with behavior.

I will keep you guys in prayer...kitagrl. :pray Yeah...I have a strong-willed child, too. We only have one...but, my MIL used to say that sometimes it seemed like he was 10 kids all rolled into one. :lol

Well...he isn't a first-born, technically. His dad has a daughter from his first marriage. Both my ex-hubby and I are middle children **major sigh** My hubby is that strong-willed, stubborn, first-born, though. Hubby used to be a bully when he was a young boy. He grew up with my cousin Peggy...and, she couldn't stand him. LOL. We all have our unique characteristics. You know...strengths and weaknesses?

Hang in there. :thumb

Did someone say a full moon? Oh...I see the problem with this week, then? :roll

Yes...it has to do with the "moon and the tides." The pull that is. Throw the Barometric Pressure in there...and YIKES! A real catastrophe. :eek So...when people are off...they are waaay off. When they aren't...they are off. You can't win for losing. LOL.

Schools, hospitals, and public buildings are a wreck during full moons. :Green

• Members

Oh I hear ya! These past few days have been just awful with our 3 year old!! We're having major issues with her with all of us trying to adjust to the new baby in the house. I've been so discouraged. It's like she just went beserk out of control recently and doesn't give a care. I don't want her to feel that mommy thinks she can do nothing right, but what do I do when she's doing so much wrong!? I'm such a failure as a mother. :bonK:

:pray for Katie. Just blame everything on the full moon you guys. You are NOT failures as moms. It is the moon's fault. It really is. Chalk it up to that. :smile

I prayer that your daughter gets adjusted to her new little sister and living back in China. :pray

• Members

I have heard more babies are born during full moon too....I figured it had to be, even the baby is cranky. :roll

I have to say...my firstborn was my challenge so there was no "sitting quietly by mommy in church"...it was more like "mommy taking you out AGAIN to discipline"....haha...and now with four, well...we do what we can.

Its sooo easy for someone with one child to think they have a handle on kid raising....until they get more. haha. I'm not talking about anyone on here....but I've seen people have a compliant firstborn and think they are the best parents ever until they have the next one or two. LOL. My sister with her little firstborn girl had all the answers for me dealing with mine....then she had her next boy, and then twin boys!!!! She is a good mommy I will say that...but she doesn't offer such free parenting advice as she used to. hee hee....

Our third one is actually our easiest...he has "moments" but he is usually fairly easy to deal with. He's the one with the hives though too. Our second one isn't too "bad" but stubborn in his own way and spacey. Our first is tough, and our last seems like a mess and like he will be following similar paths as the first. Yikes.

• Members
Oh I hear ya! These past few days have been just awful with our 3 year old!! We're having major issues with her with all of us trying to adjust to the new baby in the house. I've been so discouraged. It's like she just went beserk out of control recently and doesn't give a care. I don't want her to feel that mommy thinks she can do nothing right' date=' but what do I do when she's doing so much wrong!? I'm such a failure as a mother. :bonk:[/quote']

I totally know how you feel....that's exactly what happens with our firstborn. He gets SO tired of getting in trouble, but its like he cannot understand that if he would just act right, he wouldn't get in trouble, and everybody could be happy again!