• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Authorizing Church Can Of Worms

• Members

Who has the authority, the pastor or the local New Testament Church?

I fee the authority is the local New Testament Church, who has the authority to ordain a pastor or a missionary giving him the authority to go whether its to the next county over, or to a foreign country to do the work of carrying the Gospel of Jesus Christ saving souls & planting a church.

I know of several different type of Baptist Churches who have started mission churches, & support that church, paying its expenses including paying the pastor until they can get on their feet & support their self.

As for me the only authority I have is at the church who called me to be their pastor, & if I was to get mad & resign, I would no longer have any authority until another New Testament Church called me for their pastor & or was to send me out to do mission work. And I know of about 3 pastors who have gotten mad & resigned from the church they were pastor of them starting their very own church & run it as a dictator & their member have no say one anything.

• Members

Serious E.M.D.A. (Essential Mother Daughter Authority) question here.

Since many (if not most) E.M.D.A. adherents (Brider or not) say the first Baptist Church was in Newport, not Providence due to the one in Providence not being started right --- what was the Authorizing Church in England (or Holland) for Newport.

Also, if the authority line backs up to John Smithe, who gave him the authority to baptize and which of "Jesus' churches" baptized him?

If I'm not mistaken, you might be able to find the answers to your questions in Dr. James Beller's Book... "America in Crimson Red -Baptist History of America."  Dr. Beller outlines everything, in this book, OLD fashioned Preacher.  Another great source is writer, William J. Federer.  He has a program on regular T.V. called "Faith in History."  He has also written many historical Baptist books.  "Our God and Country" is his most popular. 

• Members

Serious E.M.D.A. (Essential Mother Daughter Authority) question here.

Since many (if not most) E.M.D.A. adherents (Brider or not) say the first Baptist Church was in Newport, not Providence due to the one in Providence not being started right --- what was the Authorizing Church in England (or Holland) for Newport.

Also, if the authority line backs up to John Smithe, who gave him the authority to baptize and which of "Jesus' churches" baptized him?

Yes, how 'bout, assuming for a minute that you do have to have an unbroken chain of one "NTBC" to another--one must authorize and send out the next:  Why do we not see them writing it down in the Bible as a lineage, like we do in the book of Chronicles?  It was vitally important for the priesthood to know their lineage, and even before the Bible was compiled they had to be able to know and prove their genealogy.  If it was that vital for the NTBC, then why wasn't it recorded in the same manner?  I'm not talking about a group of believers in a specific time, but from one local church to another local church, because, believe me, if I truly believed this way, I would NEVER want to place membership in a church that couldn't prove their "lineage", lest my baptism, communions, and Gospel sharing be invalid, and therefore in vain.  The implications of this belief is so far-reaching, I find it astonishing. 

• Members

The answer is the same as to all who try to draw a line from now to the Apostles; it can't be done. At some point the line between now and then runs cold. After that, it's all a guessing game, creative imagination, and sometimes deception and even lies.

All false doctrine aside for a moment.  Can the Roman Catholics do it? 

Archived