• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Does Anyone Know....

HappyChristian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would have been very nice if a moderator would have stuck up for me in the CCM thread, when another member was going after me committing slander, OLD fashioned preacher.  Just sayin...

Sorry. You're not in their clique. If you are, then you're part of the protected class. If you're not, then it's pretty much open season on you.

You got off easy, though. Not only would the moderators not do anything about the psychotic "Dr"JamesAch, he actually followed me to another message board where, thank goodness, the moderators there didn't put up with his constant slander and attacks.

Incidentally, it looks like Ach is gaining a bit of internet notoriety. I was just listening to the Dividing Line and James White called him  out.

• Members

Its not hard to understand.
This is a KJV site.
It is against the rules to recommend other versions.

I didn't recommend another version. I just said that we give new believers an ESV. I didn't say any of you should use an ESV or that you shouldn't worship the KJV.

• Members

You talk about a Bible version in a thread about recommending Bible versions, and you even quote the OP asking 'does anyone have any suggestions' before talking about the ESV directly below. It's just obvious from that context that you were recommending a Bible version.

Or are you saying that you posted a sentence about the ESV randomly and it's just a coincidence that it ended up in a thread about Bible versions and even contained a quote of the OP?

• Moderators

It would have been very nice if a moderator would have stuck up for me in the CCM thread, when another member was going after me committing slander, OLD fashioned preacher.  Just sayin...

It was several days before I saw it and when I read the report Bro Matt had it listed as whatever he has as a basic equivalent to "under investigation". 

So, the ball was in the admin's court.

I'm in and out (mostly out) due to being busy.

• Moderators

Sorry. You're not in their clique. If you are, then you're part of the protected class. If you're not, then it's pretty much open season on you.

You got off easy, though. Not only would the moderators not do anything about the psychotic "Dr"JamesAch, he actually followed me to another message board where, thank goodness, the moderators there didn't put up with his constant slander and attacks.

Incidentally, it looks like Ach is gaining a bit of internet notoriety. I was just listening to the Dividing Line and James White called him  out.

Can't speak for admin or other mods, but sometimes it's days or even weeks that I'm out. Sometimes I look at a couple of new posts, sometimes several, sometimes all. If it's a new subject with a lot of threads I may or may not have the time to read them.

By the time I saw the report admin was there.

If Ach was PMed, you wouldn't know unless you were also PMed -- unless I sent the message, I wouldn't know either.

As to my comment to you-- OP made it clear there was a Bible of potential interest BUT wasn't KJV.

You later made the statement (after receiving infraction points from another mod) that insinuated you were incredulous that she (owner of ESV) hadn't been condemned for owning an ESV (contextually following "mention" of ESVs being given by your church).

• Members

Can't speak for admin or other mods, but sometimes it's days or even weeks that I'm out. Sometimes I look at a couple of new posts, sometimes several, sometimes all. If it's a new subject with a lot of threads I may or may not have the time to read them.

By the time I saw the report admin was there.

If Ach was PMed, you wouldn't know unless you were also PMed -- unless I sent the message, I wouldn't know either.

As to my comment to you-- OP made it clear there was a Bible of potential interest BUT wasn't KJV.

You later made the statement (after receiving infraction points from another mod) that insinuated you were incredulous that she (owner of ESV) hadn't been condemned for owning an ESV (contextually following "mention" of ESVs being given by your church).

First of all, given the fact that he didn't stop, if there was any PM, evidently, it was one of encouragement.

Second, shouldn't she be condemned for reading that evil, wicked, toenail fungus inducing ESV? If not, why not?

• Members

It was several days before I saw it and when I read the report Bro Matt had it listed as whatever he has as a basic equivalent to "under investigation". 

So, the ball was in the admin's court.

I'm in and out (mostly out) due to being busy.

Thank you for answering me, OLD fashioned preacher.  I am glad that the whole thread disappeared.

• Administrators

Why on Earth would I give somebody an ESV and then condemn somebody else for reading an ESV? Why would I condemn somebody for using the same translation I use?

I didn't mean about the ESV. I just meant about the condemning part. You're quite good at  it, so I don't need to do it. Have a nice day, Auburn.

Archived