• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

‘Snake Salvation’ Pastor’S Collection Of 53 Venomous Snakes Seized By Wildlife Agents

JerryNumbers

• Members

‘Snake Salvation’ pastor’s collection of 53 venomous snakes seized by wildlife agents

"Hamblin claims he found and trapped the snakes through regular hunting expeditions in the LaFollete area. But while many of the snakes were native to Tennessee—like the cottonmouth, timber rattlesnake, and copperheads—some of the creatures were not even native to North America.

Hamblin will appear in court on Nov. 15. He faces fines of up to $2,500 for each of 53 counts. He could also serve up to 11 months and 25 days in jail for each count."

Hamblin says all of the snakes came from around his home area, yet they're saying some of the snakes he had are not native to North America.

They're saying they're all in poor condition & many of them may not survive.

Note:
"Wildlife officers found coppermouth snakes, timber rattlesnakes, and copperheads among Hamblin’s collection. But they also found snakes that weren’t native to North America."

What is a coppermouth snake?

• Moderators

Most major news journalists are city-slickers and ain't never seen a snake except in a picture book.

Wildlife officer probably said cottonmouth and reporter got "coinfused".

If a second officer said moccasin and a third said water moccasin, I wonder if they'da been added as 2 more snack species found ??

• Members

Most major news journalists are city-slickers and ain't never seen a snake except in a picture book.

Wildlife officer probably said cottonmouth and reporter got "coinfused".

If a second officer said moccasin and a third said water moccasin, I wonder if they'da been added as 2 more snack species found ??

What is a "snack" species?  Did you mean "snake" species?.....ROFL

• Moderators

What is a "snack" species?  Did you mean "snake" species?.....ROFL

And I proofed my post, too.

Oops - missed it (that's why you NEVER rely on your proofing as the sole one before going public in a publication).

BTW, snakes can be snacks.

Still laughing at the timely (or less than such) error.

• Members

I was just going on about the copper mouth, probably meant water moccasins or cottonmouth. I can see how it would be an easy mistake for someone who is not familiar with snakes.

Seems if he cherish snakes so much that he would take better care of them.

And he said he got all of the locally, even on their TV show it shows them going our of state to get snakes. Perhaps he should be truthful. Of course maybe all the ones he got out of state have already died & the ones he now has come from his area, except for the ones not found in north America. 

• Members

From the few episodes, or actually partial episodes, I've seen parts of, their snakes must not last long. It seemed most of the portions of episodes I saw they were going out hunting for more snakes because they were either running low on snakes or didn't have anymore.

Since they have never said anything about releasing their snakes or eating them, but they keep needing new ones, that must mean they don't live long with them.

Maybe they think it's easier to catch new snakes than to feed and care for the ones they have.

Also, in those shows I saw some of, they went to other States to hunt for snakes and they bought some snakes from a local person and also a person who I think owned a store that sold such.

They are a bunch of lost, confused minded folks following some odd traditions of men that seems to be mostly passed on through families.

• Members

Because a snake is not native to a country it does not mean you won't find it there.  We have only two native snakes but I have seen some in my garden that resemble neither.  Some people keep snakes at pets (?) and sometimes they escape, or the people get fed up with them and set them free.  I have seen pythons for sale in a garden centre.

• Members

Because a snake is not native to a country it does not mean you won't find it there.  We have only two native snakes but I have seen some in my garden that resemble neither.  Some people keep snakes at pets (?) and sometimes they escape, or the people get fed up with them and set them free.  I have seen pythons for sale in a garden centre.

That's very true. There are snakes all over parts of America that are not native to here. Most of them are from just what you say, folks bring them back from somewhere and then turn them loose.

Many years ago a non-native poisonous snake was found in this area and after much detective work they found out that some carnival that had passed through lost some snakes, looked for but didn't find them, and moved on without reporting it.

Archived