• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Philippines Storm Leaves Estimated 10,000 Dead, Destruction Hampers Rescue Efforts

JerryNumbers

• Members

Giving though a good church God matches it, & that's always much better than government matching it.

Anyway, that's the way I see it.

I agree Jerry.  My friend who is a pastor in Manila says do not donate through offbicial channels as much of it gets diverted into political parties.  His baptist church is working  with other baptist churches in the devastated areas.

Our church will probably give this Sunday's offering to the Philippines relief.  We always send our Harvest Thanksgiving offering to a Christian orphanage in Manila.

• Members

I've spoken with a few I know in the Philippines and they say much help is still needed, most especially for drinking water, food and clothing. They also said that many of the supplies coming in from America and elsewhere is not getting out quickly. There seems to be a lot of trouble with trying to get the aid from the drop points to the people who actually need it.

In some areas entire neighborhoods have been wiped out so there are many thousands without homes to return to. Most of these people only have the clothes they wore when they escaped the storm, which is why the biggest requests (after food and water) is for clothing.

Archived