• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Philippines Storm Leaves Estimated 10,000 Dead, Destruction Hampers Rescue Efforts

JerryNumbers

• Members

I started praying about this as soon as I saw the storm heading there on the Weather Channel. Our church helps a small local church there and I have a few online friends who live there. Thankfully we have received word the storm didn't hit any of them hard, but they do have some family nearer to the worst hit areas.

I thank the Lord for shielding and protecting His people and pray He will provide His people with the opportunity and means to give aid to those in need, in the name of Jesus.

According to the Weather Channel, another storm is heading at them following the same path as the huge storm. While the next storm isn't as large, coming on top of what the previous storm did, it could be very bad.

• Administrators

I really hope that Jeny Ruelo, from this forum, is alright along with her family.  Will keep these people in prayer.

Jeny has been posting on Facebook and it appears she's ok. I've posted and asked her to let us know how things are going. Maybe we can get a good update.

Praying for everyone involved.  This is really sad.  

We are thankful that people we know over there are okay, also.

• Administrators

Just heard from Jeny:

Hi Luanne, thank you so much for the concern sister. Yes, me and my family are okay but our neighbor Tacloban city is badly damage. Thousands are dead. We also have a lot of Christian brothers and sister in the Samar-Leyte area who were affected and really need food. People are hungry and violent in Tacloban. Need your prayers and help. Thank you for checking, I am fine by God's grace

I heard someone say Tacloban City is no more.  Does anyone know of any Christian group effort to send help?

• Members

I am alive by God's grace, thank you brothers and sisters for your concern. I live in Cebu City were only trees and rooftops were damaged, no casualties but in our neighboring province and cities like Bantayan Island-Cebu, Samar-Leyte especially Tacloban, lives are wasted. We really need your help and prayers especially in the areas that were really affected. Their need is mainly food. Our church in Plaridel, Leyte needs food too. Please pray about it. Thank you.

• Members

I am alive by God's grace, thank you brothers and sisters for your concern. I live in Cebu City were only trees and rooftops were damaged, no casualties but in our neighboring province and cities like Bantayan Island-Cebu, Samar-Leyte especially Tacloban, lives are wasted. We really need your help and prayers especially in the areas that were really affected. Their need is mainly food. Our church in Plaridel, Leyte needs food too. Please pray about it. Thank you.

Very good to hear from you and thankful for the Lord's protection.

Our church has a relationship with a church there, which also was protected from the worst of the storm, and we are sending what we can to them for the help of those in great need.

By the grace of God, I've heard from everyone I know who lives in the Philippines and none of them were hit by the brunt of the storm.

May the Lord bless, keep, protect and supply. May the assistance going to the Philippines get there swiftly and get to those who need it.

• Members

I am not sure whether to give to a church we know which are planning long term relief or the the Disasters Emergency Committe, (DEC) which has received over £1,000,000 in the first few hours of their appeal, as the UK govt has promised to match the donations given to DEC £ for £ on top of the government aid.  (Yes I know it is our money.)

• Members

For those who are interested to help in their own little way, our young people ministry (Ambassadors for Christ Fellowship of which I am the President) can channel your blessings to christians or residents in Leyte who were affected.

I have also made solicitation to some of my online friends abroad and a few have respond positively. So far I have collected $276.20 and £100. We have a lot of Christian friends in the Samar-Leyte area who really need food and water. There are lots who give aid from international communities but there are still many who are not reached. Their need is daily so we need more help. Even a small amount of $5 can already buy 4 kilos of rice or 20 packs of noodles or 7 to 8 loaves of bread. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you my paypal account.

I will be posting pictures, receipts of purchased goods to let you know that your donation have reached them.

God bless you.

• Members

I am not sure whether to give to a church we know which are planning long term relief or the the Disasters Emergency Committe, (DEC) which has received over £1,000,000 in the first few hours of their appeal, as the UK govt has promised to match the donations given to DEC £ for £ on top of the government aid.  (Yes I know it is our money.)

Giving though a good church God matches it, & that's always much better than government matching it.

Anyway, that's the way I see it.

• Members

Here's the latest news and we still need more help...

http://www.mb.com.ph/aquino-to-cnn-death-toll-at-least-2500-not-10000/

Thanks, & happy your OK.

Its great that the first numbers were wrong, yet still sad so much damage was done, that any life's were lost with so much property damaged.

Archived