• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Heavenly Rewards

Donald

• Members

I realized this morning for the first time, the REASON behind the differences between the REWARDS God promises to the Jew and the Church.  
On the face of God’s Word, we see that the rewards God promised to the Jews were PHYSICAL while the rewards God promises to the Church are SPIRITUAL.
Well this morning while studying in Romans 11, I took a closer look at verse 7...
“What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded” (Romans 11:7)
------------------------
Over the years I have seen this verse as explaining HOW today’s Jewish people can still be “God’s people” yet rejecting Christ...(That is Messianic Jews, are the “elect”, and “...the rest were blinded”.)  Being “blinded” so as to keep them innocent.

But today, as I came to this verse, I asked myself, “What were the Jews seeking?”
Well, like God’s people of all ages, they were seeking “rewards from God(Hebrews 11:6)!”
And I realized this morning, that the Jews(as Spiritual babies), could only see as far as this life, therefore God’s promise to them was Earthly rewards.  But the Jews that “go on” with the Lord to accept Christ:  Discover the great blessings of His Heavenly rewards.
------------------------
Just like the fact that Enoch and Noah lived during the same period, yet Enoch “went on” with the Lord, further and further, until he was raptured.  
While Noah could only see as far as “this life”, and had to spend a year in a big floating box with all those animals.
(But both were saved.)
------------------------
And our Spiritual life is the same today: Some Christians can’t seem to get past Romans 7:14-24, while others “go on” into a closer walk with the Lord, and find a wonderful life of peace and Joy.

• Members

Very interesting; especially since I was reading and studying Romans 11, 12 and 13 this morning, and considering the same questions with regards to this and related verses. It seemed to me this morning that these verses go far beyond what most people ascribe to them, as you referred to above.

• Members

It is true that the Jews receive earthly blessings, Donald.  However, I must caution you on the Messianic Jews.  While they believe in "The Messiah"... they don't believe in the diety of Jesus Christ.  They have a perverted Bible called, "The Complete Jewish Bible" which is worse than the NIV or NKJV.  Messianic Jews are Gentiles merely playing Jewish dress up.  They are wanna-be Jews.  If a Jew happens to attend their congregation, that Jew makes a beeline towards the door in 3 years.  They run back to Judaism and become Orthodox/Hasidic Jews.  Furthermore, Torah Observant Jews are hounded by MJ's.  Jews become angry with them and equate them to Bible believing Christians.  MJ's also try to convert Bible believing Christians.  Many Christians are falling for it.  They will go as far as to tell a Bible believing Christian that the name of Jesus means, "Zeus"... and they will stalk Christians with their message of false hope.  Studies have shown that more Jews are lead to the Lord Jesus Christ by Bible believing Christians as opposed to Messianic Jews.  Below is an Independent Baptist website that discusses the false doctrine of Messianic Jews.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/writers/GG/the-hebrew-roots-cult.htm

• Members

It is true that the Jews receive earthly blessings, Donald.  However, I must caution you on the Messianic Jews.  While they believe in "The Messiah"... they don't believe in the diety of Jesus Christ.  They have a perverted Bible called, "The Complete Jewish Bible" which is worse than the NIV or NKJV.  Messianic Jews are Gentiles merely playing Jewish dress up.  They are wanna-be Jews.  If a Jew happens to attend their congregation, that Jew makes a beeline towards the door in 3 years.  They run back to Judaism and become Orthodox/Hasidic Jews.  Furthermore, Torah Observant Jews are hounded by MJ's.  Jews become angry with them and equate them to Bible believing Christians.  MJ's also try to convert Bible believing Christians.  Many Christians are falling for it.  They will go as far as to tell a Bible believing Christian that the name of Jesus means, "Zeus"... and they will stalk Christians with their message of false hope.  Studies have shown that more Jews are lead to the Lord Jesus Christ by Bible believing Christians as opposed to Messianic Jews.  Below is an Independent Baptist website that discusses the false doctrine of Messianic Jews.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/writers/GG/the-hebrew-roots-cult.htm

Hello candlelight and thanks for the clarification.

I am acquainted with one such individual, who professes to be a Christian, but rejects salvation by Grace; Who recently got hooked up with some “Jewish church” in our town, that sounds as “off the wall” as he is. The fact is, the Bible warns us of those who will “call themselves Jews” but aren’t really Jews at all.

Satan has plenty of lies to go around, in order to send as many people as he can to hell.  But praise the LORD, He PROTECTS all those who are TRULY looking for Him and are willing to BELIEVE the truth when they hear it.....(Matthew 24:24) et.al.

• Members

Hello candlelight and thanks for the clarification.

I am acquainted with one such individual, who professes to be a Christian, but rejects salvation by Grace; Who recently got hooked up with some “Jewish church” in our town, that sounds as “off the wall” as he is. The fact is, the Bible warns us of those who will “call themselves Jews” but aren’t really Jews at all.

Satan has plenty of lies to go around, in order to send as many people as he can to hell.  But praise the LORD, He PROTECTS all those who are TRULY looking for Him and are willing to BELIEVE the truth when they hear it.....(Matthew 24:24) et.al.

Hi Donald.  You're welcome.  I am glad that you are aware of them.  They are very hard to get the gospel across to.  I know what verse you are talking about.  I believe it is in Revelation.  It talks about "the synogogue of Satan."  I believe that verse is talking about people who are Jews, but are considered "self-hating Jews" by other Jews.  They would include people like George Soros, and Henry Kissinger.  They are Jews by blood, but they want nothing to do with Judaism.

Amen to the above scripture, brother.

Archived