• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Since The World Began...

No Nicolaitans

• Members

Evolutionists claim the earth existed for millions of years before man "appeared".

Theistic-Evolutionists (who claim to believe the Bible) also claim that the earth existed for millions of years before man "appeared".  They do this by jumping through "Original Language" hoops in the Old Testament mostly.  You know...day doesn't mean day...etc., etc., etc............

I'm under no impression that this Biblical evidence will change the mind of a God-rejecting evolutionist, but I do wonder how in the world a Theistic-Evolutionist gets around this...

Luke 1:67-70

67   And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
68   Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
69   And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
70   As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

The Bible is clear...man was here on earth...since the world began.

John 9:32
Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

Again, the Bible is clear...man was here on earth...since the world began.

Acts 3:19-21
19   Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
20   And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21   Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's be clear and get this straight once and for all, Gap Theorists are NOT Theistic Evolutionists. This is a misrepresentation spread by ICR and AIG.

From wikipedia:

Gap creationism (also known as ruin-restoration creationismrestoration creationism, or "The Gap Theory") is a form of old Earth creationism that posits that the six-day creation, as described in the Book of Genesis, involved literal 24-hour days, but that there was a gap of time between two distinct creations in the first and the second verses of Genesis, explaining many scientific observations, including the age of the Earth.[1][2][3] It differs from day-age creationism, which posits that the 'days' of creation were much longer periods (of thousands or millions of years), and from young Earth creationism, which although it agrees concerning the six literal 24-hour days of creation, does not posit any gap of time.

Every gap theorist I know believes in a literal seven day creation. And I know many of them. Any continuation in spreading this misrepresentation is pure dishonesty.

• Members

As with most things there are varying positions among gap theorists too.
SOME are theistic evolutionist; some are not.
Many want the gap to accommodate the geological ages, but not evolution; some of them throw in partial evolution.
There are widely varied views on that too.
But the OP said nothing about Gap..

• Members

By the way NN - I would be careful pushing that line too hard. In a strict sense, man was not there from the beginning, but from day 5.
Some may run with 4 days or 4 million days is not from the beginning.
I understand what you mean, but some will take you to task on the technicalities.

• Members

Thanks Dave.  I realized when I posted it that there might be some who would try to get technical...that's fine if they do.  Man has been here since the world began...the Bible is clear on that.  It's much easier to fit man's creation in just a few short days after God started his creative acts...as "since the world began", than to try to fit millions of years as "since the world began".

As I said earlier...the Bible is clear; man has been here since the world began.  Let the Bible say what it says, and if that possibly disrupts something else that someone believes, I would hope and pray they would do as I've done in the past on a few things and go with the truth of God's word instead of something I had been taught to believe.

• Members

Evolutionists claim the earth existed for millions of years before man "appeared".

Theistic-Evolutionists (who claim to believe the Bible) also claim that the earth existed for millions of years before man "appeared".  They do this by jumping through "Original Language" hoops in the Old Testament mostly.  You know...day doesn't mean day...etc., etc., etc............

I'm under no impression that this Biblical evidence will change the mind of a God-rejecting evolutionist, but I do wonder how in the world a Theistic-Evolutionist gets around this...

Luke 1:67-70

67   And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
68   Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
69   And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
70   As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

The Bible is clear...man was here on earth...since the world began.

John 9:32
Since the world began was it not heard that any man opened the eyes of one that was born blind.

Acts 3:19-21
19   Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
20   And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21   Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

How would I go about talking to a person who believes in God and believes in Evolution at the same time?  Suggestion, anyone?

• Members

That depends on their reasons.
If they think the science is strong for evolution there are plenty of scientific resources to show them.
If they think it is biblically indicated then there are plenty of word studies and verse references available.

• Members

That depends on their reasons.
If they think the science is strong for evolution there are plenty of scientific resources to show them.
If they think it is biblically indicated then there are plenty of word studies and verse references available.

I am speaking of a person who definitely believes in God, but only believes that the Bible is a good book for instruction.  They believe that science is strong for evolution.  What scientific resources back up what the Bible says?  Thanks in advance, Dave. 

• Members

Answers in Genesis has a lot of good info. I don't go with everything they say but their science is good.
We have several videos that explain the science well, but I cant remember the names. They are at church right now. I will try to remember to check it tomorrow.

• Members

Answers in Genesis has a lot of good info. I don't go with everything they say but their science is good.
We have several videos that explain the science well, but I cant remember the names. They are at church right now. I will try to remember to check it tomorrow.

Thank you, Dave.  I have heard of "Answers in Genesis."  I will check it out.  I would appreciate it if you would send me those videos.  Thanks again, brother.

• Moderators

okay, gap theorists may not be evolutionists but they still wrest the scriptures to try to answer something they believe cannot be answered by plain scripture alone. and they are still wrong.
if these folks understood how flawed and purposefully skewed evolutionary science, so called, is, they would have never had to resort to such questionable means.

Another good resource is CSE, creation science education, Kent Hovinds group, currently being run by his son, Eric. there are those who will reject him and his work because he is in prison, but he is there for no other crime than speaking the truth and also taking some poor tax advice, upon which the government jumped to put him away. for those who disagree, I ask you to consider Sun Myung Moon, convicted of much.greater tax evasion but only given 18 months, of which he did 11. Hovind, for a lesser charge, got 10 years and will apparently be doing it all. It was a convenient excuse, nothing more, to shut him up. So I would say that those that disregard him due to his bonds are no different than those who did the same with Paul in his bonds.

• Members

okay, gap theorists may not be evolutionists but they still wrest the scriptures to try to answer something they believe cannot be answered by plain scripture alone. and they are still wrong.
if these folks understood how flawed and purposefully skewed evolutionary science, so called, is, they would have never had to resort to such questionable means.

Another good resource is CSE, creation science education, Kent Hovinds group, currently being run by his son, Eric. there are those who will reject him and his work because he is in prison, but he is there for no other crime than speaking the truth and also taking some poor tax advice, upon which the government jumped to put him away. for those who disagree, I ask you to consider Sun Myung Moon, convicted of much.greater tax evasion but only given 18 months, of which he did 11. Hovind, for a lesser charge, got 10 years and will apparently be doing it all. It was a convenient excuse, nothing more, to shut him up. So I would say that those that disregard him due to his bonds are no different than those who did the same with Paul in his bonds.

Amen

God bless,

Larry

• Members

I am speaking of a person who definitely believes in God, but only believes that the Bible is a good book for instruction.  They believe that science is strong for evolution.  What scientific resources back up what the Bible says?  Thanks in advance, Dave. 

I've found good success in simply focusing upon logic and absurdity when it comes to those who think evolution is or has scientific backing. The simple fact is, it has none.

First I begin by pointing out that it's still called the THEORY of evolution and the reason it's still called a theory, even after 150 years or so of so many scientists trying to prove it true, they have found absolutely no evidence to support the theory.

Most are able to grasp the idea that if you start with nothing and add nothing you will end up with nothing. From there it's easy to ask how everything that exists today began as nothing, with nothing added. If they want to say they believe there was a big mass in the midst of nothing and then BANG! and everything started from there, we go back to the same line of questioning. Where did that big mass come from? Was there nothing to begin with or a big mass?

Dealing directly with the evolution aspect I like to point out one thing about us (humans), whether it be the eye, ears, brain, and ask if they know just how complicated that one part of our body is. Talk about some of the complexity and how each complex part relies upon another complex part and with each of them, none of them would exist or function by themselves. So, how did the eye (for example) evolve portion by portion, step by step, over millions of years to become the complex part it is? Or, do they really believe the entire eye suddenly evolved from nothing?

The complexity of DNA, even just one, is far beyond any happenstance possibility, let alone the entire strand of DNA.

If a tornado passes through a junk lot do we expect it to twist some of that junk into a perfectly functioning watch by chance? Then why would one believe that chance occurances could create far more complex things (humans, animals, plants)?

How does life come forth out of nonlife?

True science, and the scientific method, demands actual proof and evidence. This is all lacking when it comes to evolution. Even the theory itself, when considered logically, is so flawed as to not even be worthy of being called a theory. According to actual science, life can't come from nonlife. Nothing plus nothing equals nothing; not the sudden appearance of something.

While it's good to study up on this some, I've always found it best to keep discussions as simple, to the point and on topic as possible. There is no getting around the absurdity of the premise of the theory.

Archived