• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thinking About Coaching Football, Instead Of Being A Pastor

JerryNumbers

• Members

I read an article yesterday about the pay the NCAA's head football coaches receive, I'm posting them below, the article can be found here. 

1: Nick Saban
Alabama (SEC)
$5,395,852

2: Mack Brown
Texas (Big 12)
$5,392,500

3: Bret Bielema
Arkansas (SEC)
$5,158,863

4: Butch Jones 
Tennessee (SEC)
$4,860,000

5: Bob Stoops 
Oklahoma (Big 12)
$4,741,667

6: Urban Meyer 
Ohio State (Big Ten)
$4,608,000

7: Les Miles 
LSU (SEC) 
$4,300,000

8: Brady Hoke 
Michigan (Big Ten)
$4,154,000

9: Kirk Ferentz 
Iowa (Big Ten)
$3,985,000

10: Charlie Strong 
Louisville (AAC)
$3,700,000

What got me to thinking about becoming a football coach was these salary's, plus a few years back a local coach stopped coaching to be a full time pastor. Three years later he left the pastors job, going back to coaching, so I going to give you a quote from him. He stated, "The only difference in coaching & being a pastor is the age of the people, in coaching your dealing with younger people, & when your a pastor your usually dealing with older people." Surely this  :smug: coach/pastor would never  :smug: mislead anyone, besides I'm only 66 going on 67 years of age.

• Members

The pastor's rewards will come in a different way and at a different time. And it won't be taxed either.

By the way, one reason those coaches make huge bucks is because they bring in a lot of money to the school because they produce outstanding football teams. Like John said, it is big business.

Archived