• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

The Glory Land

You're Sitting In My Seat...

This man has a legitimate medical problem.  He has Autism and was prone to having outbursts when his world had become disruptive.  My pastor explained it to the guest, so there was no problem.   

I misread.  I believed you were describing two separate incidents.

It seems that your pastor handled it well.

Edited by Arbo

I misread.  I believed you were describing two separate incidents.

It seems that your pastor handled it well.

I believe it was me that misread, Arbo.  The first part of my post was talking about how I would take my son and not sit in our "assigned seats" b/c I like spontaneity.

Yes, my pastor did handle it well.  This man also loved to correct the pastor's speech.  My pastor has a hillbilly accent, and this man would always correct his grammar.  My pastor was always gracious with that, as well.

We had a guy with a head injury who was often inappropriate.
Eventually I had to ask him not to come any more because he was becoming unmanageable.
I look back and realise that I made a mistake in that.
We had him with us for 10 years as a small church and he was gradually improving, but when we merged with another small IBC nearby and our size more than doubled, he struggled to handle it.
He was always a handful, but the change was just too much for him.
However, I have since discovered that there are some here who probably needed him around so that they could grow.

And it wouldn't have hurt me to have to deal with people's reactions to him either.

He won't even talk to me now..... :(

We all have much to learn - I think me more than most.

Amen, we have much to learn.

Dave we will make mistakes, & if we learn from them, that's great, if we don't, that's sad.

And our hindsight is so much better than our foresight.