• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

You're Sitting In My Seat...

The Glory Land

• Members

I cannot believe this is still happening in our churches 2013. When members still practice this sin. If It's a frist time visitor sitting on your seat, you still make them move? The next time, I am going to put some thumb tacks down on your seat, and smile when you stand up.  :verymad:        :frog:

• Members

There is one woman in our church who has large cushions on her seat.  One Sunday she arrived and the cushions were moved and she said in a loud voice, "Where are my cushions?"  No one has yet sat in her seat though.

In the past many churches had pew rents.  They would often have a gate on the pew with the name of the family on it.  In the 1851 religious census, one of the questions churches had to answer was the number os seats or pews, and how many of them were free.  One local baptist church had 300 seats of which 150 were free. 

• Members

I can see someone bringing cushions on hard pew especially if they have a tailbone or back injury. Adding to pain during a service just takes away from it. I hope she got her cushions back!

I'm always amazed at the mess little kids make that their parents just leave there afterwards! I'm the one who cleans the church maybe that's why it irritates me so bad. :knuppel:  It's not a restaurant, I'm not a waitress.

• Members

I don't have a problem with folks who like to sit in the same place every time they go to church, but if someone happens to get their favorite spot ahead of them they should act in grace and simply sit somewhere else.

Yep.  It's called common courtesy.

• Members

Linda & I always set in the same pew when we arrive at church yet if someone was setting in it we would set in another pew as if that's were we always set & would never say a word to anyone about it.

Same here.  If we have a lot of extended family and visitors such as a holiday or when my wife is in the nursery, I'll go to the overflow room and watch the Preacher from there.

Archived