• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Facebook

Eric Stahl

• Members

I get those too. I just delete them unless it's someone I know. Somehow I don't believe the last one I got (couple of days ago) was looking for a father figure. Good idea though.

Just trying to be positive.  LOL!  I deleted my Facebook page on October 20th.  It was too much trouble.  Most IFB's don't post scriptural things.  A lot of gossip from Christians and not much fellowship.  I came back to OB b/c I know I can fellowship with like-minded believers.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was my am post on election day.

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Lord God please heal our land.

We ask this in Jesus name.

It was liked and shared by 7 people. Who knows how far it went.

• Members

A Facebook account cannot be deleted.  They leave it there to tempt those who have tried to turn away from it.

I had a family member open accounts in my children's names to play some games and I took them over to delete them and found out they cannot be closed.  

• Members

Can you use that as an opportunity to witness to unsaved friends and family?  Out in life in public buildings, stores, ect. we can be in the vicinity of someone who uses improper language or a saved person who is not walking in the light and it is an opportunity.  Facebook offers electronic opportunities.  

I personally do not unfriend family or friends that post things not proper and scriptural.  I have hid a few items and through my own wall use scripture or write concerning areas where people are stumbling or getting muddy in the pits of life.  Those who are my friends who might not be saved have not all blocked my posts so I know they are at least reading some of it.

Just my two cents anyways......

I have some unsaved family and old friends ... I keep them on my facebook largely to witness to them. I also find I have to hide some of their posts.

• Members

A Facebook account cannot be deleted.  They leave it there to tempt those who have tried to turn away from it.

I had a family member open accounts in my children's names to play some games and I took them over to delete them and found out they cannot be closed.  

I've been told if you hit delete it stays up for about a month, & if you log back in at anytime before that month is up that cancels the delete.

I deactivated my account, with the intent to come back if I changed my mind.  I checked from my hubby's Timeline and my account is gone.  It is gone from the moment you deactivate it, Jerry.  Yes, you can log back in at any time.

• Members

I deactivated my account, with the intent to come back if I changed my mind.  I checked from my hubby's Timeline and my account is gone.  It is gone from the moment you deactivate it, Jerry.  Yes, you can log back in at any time.

Ahh that's it.  The page is gone but you can log back in any time.

• Members

I have FB but only a few SELECT friends and family. Only people that I actually care about and want them to see my stuff and postings and actually am interested in their lives. I have maybe 25 friends. No one has ever posted anything that I needed to delete, nor is it gossip. I KNOW the people.

Facebook has too many temptations for some people, especially married people. I read a statistic recently about the percentage of lawyers who work with couples divorcing and Facebook was a huge part. Mostly those "reconnecting" with old loves or similar things married people shouldn't be doing on Facebook.

• Members

Ahh that's it.  The page is gone but you can log back in any time.

Yes.  Facebook will never erase a person's account, but it is no longer available for people to see once it is deactivated.  Once you log into your account it is back. 

• Members

I guess if our content is still in Facebook's servers, that means when the 'totalitarians' gain full control, they can read any and  all dissenting comments we may have made about their regimes. Some of us may wish we'd never seen "Facebook".

• Members

I stay clear of facebook.

It is considered that social media will be the haven for malicious intent (if not already).

Please be cautious of any requests made from others whom you don't know.

PS  Interestingly many websites install a Facebook tracking cookie whether one uses the facebook link or not from their page.

• Members

My Face book post today.

The Signs that  Jesus is Coming

Matthew 24:3-28

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Luke 21:10-11

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

This makes the coming of comet Ison interesting!

• Members

I stay clear of facebook.

It is considered that social media will be the haven for malicious intent (if not already).

Please be cautious of any requests made from others whom you don't know.

PS  Interestingly many websites install a Facebook tracking cookie whether one uses the facebook link or not from their page.

It is hard to stay clear of Facebook, wooly.  Multiple Christian sites are available on Facebook.  Online Baptist is on Facebook.  So, whatever we post, is online for the public to view, and also for government control.  When I tune into A.M. Christian talk, all sites are on Facebook. 

• Members

My Face book post today.

The Signs that  Jesus is Coming

Matthew 24:3-28

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Luke 21:10-11

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

This makes the coming of comet Ison interesting!

Amen, brother!  I love what you said about the comet Ison.  Hopefully, people will awake from their slumber through Christians like yourself, who post Biblical truth and relate it to world events.

Archived