• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is This Really The Testimony Of Someone Getting Save ? ? ? ?

JerryNumbers

• Members
I was reading a SBC blog & someone posted this post under a topic about speaking in tongues, healing & such, saying it was a perfect example of a person getting saved. One person replied to that post thanking them for posting the article showing a woman getting saved, its very refreshing to read about a person being saved. Yet within this article I see nothing of this person repenting, confessing their sins, & accepting Jesus as their Savior. 

There’s very many religious people that does not even know how a person gets saved, worse than that there’s many of them that carry the Baptist name some even fulfilling the role of pastor in a church that has Baptist in their church name.

Sorry, I forgot to place the link to the article in this post.  :frog: So I had to edited it!

• Members

Very few pastors preach repentance or preach against sin and the sinfulness of sin anymore. This is the greatest problem, other than a new version of the bible coming out every six months, that I see with modern day Christianity. I can show you a website right now, but I won't, that is from a homosexual church where not only do the preach the "Romans Road" of salvation but they are also dispensationalists. Yet, they will NOT repent of their filthy lifestyle and will correct the bible with "the originals" whenever they come across a passage that rebukes their lifestyle.

• Members

Very few pastors preach repentance or preach against sin and the sinfulness of sin anymore. This is the greatest problem, other than a new version of the bible coming out every six months, that I see with modern day Christianity. I can show you a website right now, but I won't, that is from a homosexual church where not only do the preach the "Romans Road" of salvation but they are also dispensationalists. Yet, they will NOT repent of their filthy lifestyle and will correct the bible with "the originals" whenever they come across a passage that rebukes their lifestyle.

Burger King Christianity! And it's making the people spiritually unhealthy.

• Members

Your correct, many do not preach repentance, & they say repentance has nothing to do with being saved. I firmly believe Jesus disagrees with them.

Mt 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Surely if repentance had nothing to do with it Jesus would never had taught it.

• Members

The Methodist are even more way out than they were years ago. Its a man pleasing denomination. I wish you have not included the picture.

So sad, today if anyplace calls them self a church, if anyone calls them self a Christian, many accepts them no matter their testimony or the church they attend.

When accepting a member by letter any from a church that has Baptist in its name one has to be very careful, for some churches with Baptist in their name will accept a letter from any church no matter their name or what they teach. I've even heard of a church with Baptist in its name accept a letter from a Jehovah Witness Church.  :hsyft:

Archived