• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lesser of two evils thread question

• Members
I wrote a post here but somehow it disappeared. Here goes again...

I am torn this election more so than any other. Obama is very undesirable and McCain... well, he has his problems too. I read an article about keeping Obama out by voting for McCain and I agree with that and then I read an article about voting 3rd party and I find myself agreeing with what is being said there too. :bonk:

I'm like that too! Samer had me about persuaded to vote 3rd party but I thought about it and still can't do it....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Yep! It sure does. It is like the Holy Spirit is testing me or something. It is so weird. I have never felt like this in any other election. EVER!

This is EXACTLY my gut feeling here. (not like we're to trust our feelings) but the same thoughts keep coming to my mind.....that God is testing His people, will we settle for trash even BEFORE the voting begins? Will I settle??

• Members

I don't really feel that way...I feel that its sort of an Abraham/Lot kind of thing...how many people will it take for God to spare the country for another four years....yet I don't feel it is a McCain vs. Baldwin thing.

Hmmm? I don't know if it is this emotional woman thing or a for real thing. The guys have it, too. So? It can't be the "emotional woman" thing. :smile Pray...pray...pray...and more prayer.

True. Every person should vote their conscience. My hubby hasn't told me to vote for McCain. Who I vote for will be God's decision and mine. My conscience will tell me so. That is the beauty of a democratic society. :smile

This isn't emotional for me. It is a serious not knowing what to do' date=' asking God for wisdom kind of thing. Most of the time I try to approach things like this logically - don't always succeed but do try. :Green[/quote']

Yep...except BO is really on my nerves. That is what is making this election emotional for me. :lol The man is disturbing to my soul...to say the least. =)

• Members

Thanks y'all for some good discussion on this tonight! Seth, I'm gonna think about what you said and pray about it some more. Maybe we'll get some more discussion on this from others tomorrow who aren't night owls. :lol: I need to go get some sleep! :wvlf"

• 10 months later...
  • Members

I have never been soooo troubled over a election. My husband voted for the leser of two evils. I simply couldn't and have peace with the LORD. In the end, I didn't vote. Husband not happy. Should I have voted for who hubby said to--out of obedience--or was it ok to vote with thinking first about how I would have to answer to the LORD? This was the hardest part for me. Was I disobeying my husband in not voting? Was that direct disbedience to him? I just felt so deeply that voting for the lesser was still voting for evil--I just couldn't! Did any other women experience this delimma?

• Members

I have never been soooo troubled over a election. My husband voted for the leser of two evils. I simply couldn't and have peace with the LORD. In the end, I didn't vote. Husband not happy. Should I have voted for who hubby said to--out of obedience--or was it ok to vote with thinking first about how I would have to answer to the LORD? This was the hardest part for me. Was I disobeying my husband in not voting? Was that direct disbedience to him? I just felt so deeply that voting for the lesser was still voting for evil--I just couldn't! Did any other women experience this delimma?

If you believe to vote for who your husband wanted you to would be a sin then you did the right thing.

When confronted with situations such as this, whether we are talking about men or women, it comes down to God first. Scripture says we must obey God first. If someone asks or tells us to do something, if we can do so without sinning then we can do so; and in some cases we are commanded to do so. However, if we can't do what we are asked or told without sinning, then we are to refuse.

My wife doesn't believe women should vote and I've always respected that so such issues don't come up for her or with us.