• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

? Obamacare

JerryNumbers

• Members

I read this article & something come to my mind.

I wonder how many people, families will have their insurance canceled, the have a gap in health care coverage, have some expensive sickness hit their family & will not have insurance coverage? I can't help but think that this will happen to some families being as so many insurance companies are cancelling so many policies.

Weekly Standard

While the Affordable Care Act was making its way through Congress in 2009 and 2010, President Obama famously promised the American people over and over again that if you like your health plan, you can keep it. 

Obamacare
“Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you,” Obama said at one rally in July 2009. “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan.  Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”  

But the president's promise is turning out to be false for millions of Americans who have had their health insurance policies canceled because they don't meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. 

• Members

Rather than hold the line against it, some silly Republicans are trying to improve Obamacare already.  One has sponsored a bill with 35 supporters called the "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" bill.  A smart Congress unable to repeal Obamacare should withhold funding for it so that it cannot be implemented.  I seriously doubt it will happen.

Archived