• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

There Might Need To Be A Literal Temple Building

• Members

OOPS!  I meant to say,

There Might NOT Need To Be A Literal Temple Building

I've pondered the necessity of the Temple being rebuilt, but what if there is not Temple? Consider:

"And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it." Rev. 21:22

Is not the antichrist the great imitator of Christ? Perhaps the vile abomination is the Old Serpent himself "tabernacling" in human flesh and declaring his deity?

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)" Matt. 24:15

"How art thou fallen from Heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into Heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." Is. 14:12-14

"Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick. . . "
Ezk. 28:17,18a

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."
2 Thess. 2:3,4

The tribulation "times" could be ushered in without alot of observation, except for a brilliant world figure who is able to bridge the gap between Isaac and Ishmeal! The beginning of the 3-1/2 year great tribulation might be his bold step forward.

• Members

Revelation 11

1And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God(((Tribulation temple))), and the altar, and them that worship therein.

2But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Kingdom Age temple on earth is as fowllows;

Haggai 2

1In the seventh month, in the one and twentieth day of the month, came the word of the LORD by the prophet Haggai, saying,

2Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and to the residue of the people, saying,

3Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory?(((Solomon's temple)))

and how do ye see it now?(((Nehemiah's temple))) is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?

4Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts:

5According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.

6For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;

(((Kingdom Age)))

7And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

8The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.

9The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

• Members

I think you're confusing the Tribulation portion of the End Times with the final state of the New Heaven and Earth. Revelation 21 clearly talks about what it will be like in the new creation AFTER the current heaven and earth are passed away. Ezekiel 40-48 clearly expects there to be a literal temple.

• Members

I think you're confusing the Tribulation portion of the End Times with the final state of the New Heaven and Earth. Revelation 21 clearly talks about what it will be like in the new creation AFTER the current heaven and earth are passed away. Ezekiel 40-48 clearly expects there to be a literal temple.

Are you responding to preacher Ben or Eric?

• Members

Why can't there be a literal temple on earth and a spiritual temple in heaven. What the problem with that?

Revelation 21:21-27

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

• Members

Why can't there be a literal temple on earth and a spiritual temple in heaven. What the problem with that?

The tabernacle was built according to a heavenly pattern revealed to Moses:

Ex. 25:9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.

Heb. 8:For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Does that mean that there is a heavenly tabernacle that Moses used as a pattern, or that Moses was shown what to build in a vision? I tend to think the latter, & that just as the tablernacle was a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them and Christ was himself Immanuel, God with us, so we should see the features of the tab as pictures of Christ.

We know that in the Gospel age, there is no physical temple - we, living stones, comprise a holy temple:

Eph. 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The tab/temple represented the LORD, so once Christ was present on earth he was the true representation of the LORD. Now his redeemed people - Jew & Gentile - comprise a living temple.

How will these things change in the supposed millennium? Christ will be present in person, as he is presently by the Holy Spirit. There can & will be no sacrfices for sin - however we read Ezekiel - Jesus has died.

Heb. 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Archived