• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

They Lied To You

Trying2DoRight

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

obviously some of you on here have dealt with these postings before, but I haven't and don't have the faintest clue what it is that I'm missing or supposedly been lied to about? '

and what does "oracle of God" mean? is that what he calls  himself? or is it a noun?

• Members

Way of Life Encyclopedia
ORACLE

Mouth; word; statement; spokesman (Ac 7:38; Ro 3:2; 1Pe 4:11).

"oracle" is found in 3 verses in the New Testament:

Acts 7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Romans 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

• Members

Depending on Scriptural context, oracle can mean spokesperson.

T2DR is trying to present himself as God's spokesperson, coming onto OB and falsely accusing us.

God would not falsely accuse, nor would He tell T2DR to falsely accuse. 

Obviously, T2DR is being a spokesperson for the one the Word of God identifies as "the accuser of the Brethren"... satan.

• Moderators

Most of us have been busy with church. In the last 2 days I have deleted 8 threads started in French and Spanish dealing with tarot cards, astrology, clairvoyance, sex, Bratz dolls and more. By comparison, this is trivial in that if it was locked 3-4 would be started in its place (think back a month or two). Better one than a dozen. I don't have the ability to ban anyone (if I do, I haven't found it yet).

Archived