• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Thief In The Night Series

• Members

Linda and I are watching one of the best series concerning End Times events that we have ever seen.  Russ Daughten's "Thief in the Night" series.

Although we have watched the movie many times, we are seeing more and more inconsistencies (bloopers) in the videos.

Some time back, we found our first blooper in the first of the series.  The movie "Thief in the Night" has one scene in it where a lady is offered the mark of the beast.  She is asked whether she wants the mark in her hand or in her forehead.  She offers her hand and they tattoo the image on the back of the hand.  The blooper?  She got it on her left hand instead of her right.

Today, we caught the second and third bloopers.  The second is in the second DVD in the series, "A Distant Thunder."  In it, Patti and Wenda are called out of the Church to see the reality of the sentence passed upon those who refuse to renounce Jesus Christ and refuse to take the mark.  Along with Patti and Wenda, two men are called, John and Joey.  The blooper?  It is not two men and two women being led out of the Church, but rather it is one man and three women.  The movie ends with Wenda being beheaded.

The third movie in the series, "Image of the Beast," had Patti witnessing Wenda's headless body being carried away from the guillotine platform.  Patti is called up to the platform and is too scared to speak out.  She is strapped down in the guillotine.  Just then, the skies grow dark and there is an earthquake.  Everyone scatters leaving Patti in the guillotine, screaming, "I'll take the mark.  I want the mark."  (poor deluded soul)

The blooper here is, the lady that was brought out with Patti and Wenda is not the same lady that was brought out at the end of "A Distant Thunder."  This lady's name is Leslie.  It should have been a "John" or a "Joey" that was with Patti.  A clear blooper.

Although there are a few bloopers in this series, I still believe this movie to be the closest to telling the Biblical account of the Great Tribulation period than any other End Times movies I have ever watched.

• Members

Thanks.  I think it's the same movie (don't think that I saw them all) that I was thinking about.

They were pretty good, especially back in the day when there really wasn't anything Christian like that at all. I think they ended up making a fourth movie several years after the others, which I thought was very weak and too long.

Archived