• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Trick Or Treat....

The Glory Land

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly, many adults don't know Christ as Personal Saviour and do not know that it is a sin.  I have a problem with worldly Christians, who were once in IFB churches, that celebrate this holiday.  It seems like in the USA, every holiday is used as an excuse to get drunk and act foolish.  St. Patrick's Day comes to mind.  People don't even know the rich history on "St. Patrick."  They have no idea that he was a Bible believing Christian. 

That's the sad truth of it! Most don't know and don't care about the actual holidays, they just love another excuse to get drunk and perverse.

Even Thanksgiving and Christmas are becoming more like this as they both become more secularized. For many people it's all about booze, ballgames, parties and such.

I miss the old days when on these holidays, as well as every Sunday, the stores were all closed, families actually spent time together (no personal electronic things, if there was a TV there was only one and it was usually off) talked, played games, enjoyed one anothers company.

• Members

When does halloween becomes a sin?

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

• Members

That's the sad truth of it! Most don't know and don't care about the actual holidays, they just love another excuse to get drunk and perverse.

Even Thanksgiving and Christmas are becoming more like this as they both become more secularized. For many people it's all about booze, ballgames, parties and such.

I miss the old days when on these holidays, as well as every Sunday, the stores were all closed, families actually spent time together (no personal electronic things, if there was a TV there was only one and it was usually off) talked, played games, enjoyed one anothers company.

I recall several years back a woman whose husband had already died told me this.

Her husband was sick, it was Sunday, & the insurance he had they had to go to another town about 36 miles or more from their home which was on the other side of the small town about 5 miles east of us. They had little gas in their car, there was no place in town to buy gas for everything was closed, even worse they did not have enough money to buy the gas. She called my father telling him the situation & he told her & husband to come on, he would open up & let them charge a tank of gas. She said, "We never forgot what your father did for us that day, without him I could not have gotten him to the hospital, & that saved his life."

I believe they called that the "Blue Law."

I believe there was a drug store that opened up a bit after 12 noon for just a very short time on Sunday afternoon, but you could not buy nothing except for medicine. I remember being told they would not sell nothing else.

Yet during my high school days, around 63 to 65, the Esso Station on Main Street started opening up about noon time on Sundays.

Be nice if it was still that way.

• Members

They don't.  Getting drunk is the reason that many people celebrate the holidays.  And, yes, being drunk leads to so much perversity.

Sadly, Thanksgiving and Christmas are "more secularized."  I still don't want the government in our business with these holidays, but that is a whole other story.

Ah, yes... the good old days.  I miss them, too, John.  Everything back then, was centered around family.  Statistically speaking, Christianity took a nose dive in 1973.  Those days are gone for good.  :(

• Members

I never see jackets on the young Mormon men. just black pants, white shirt, ties and on bikes. Make sure you wear your jacket! :)

When I have seen mormons visiting, they wore light grey suits.  So did those who came into our service a couple of times, no doubt spying on us.

• Members

%e had no trick or treaters although there were many out there, on the other side of the road.  We went shopping to escape them, but our grandson was at home.  It was advantageous as we got many last minute bargains, some reduced by 90%.  

Archived