• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Trick Or Treat....

The Glory Land

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I won't encourage anything to do with Halloween. My daughter got to go trick or treating when she was 2 & 3 only. And that was to the sheriff's station and nursing home. Then I learned the origins and practices behind Halloween and never again. We usually went to churches that would have alternative fun night for kids instead of trick or treating. Easier for parents too.

• Administrators

Where we lived before, we did hand out treats - with a tract.  Now, we don't have many kids in the area, but we are never home during trick-or-treat time.  Tomorrow night we will be in church.  We have been egged before because we weren't there.  Even if there weren't issues with the day, that alone would make me never hand out treats.  Not going to be held hostage in my own home...

• Members

I remember as a child how much I enjoyed going trick-or-treating.  But even then we couldn't eat anything unwrapped.  I was sad because we got popcorn balls and I loved them.  

My maternal grandmother used to make the best popcorn balls!!!

• Members

I remember as a child how much I enjoyed going trick-or-treating.  But even then we couldn't eat anything unwrapped.  I was sad because we got popcorn balls and I loved them.  

Where I grew up younger children went 'trick-or-treating' and older children went 'bag-snatching'. Most kids didn't bother with either, of course, as they were too busy getting ready for fireworks-through-letterbox night on November 5th.

Aah, traditions eh...  :scratchchin: 

Archived