• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Archie Bunker's View Of Current Events

Standing Firm In Christ

• Members

:ROFL: SFIC, thank you for sharing this!  I couldn't agree more with Archie Bunker.  I grew up on "All in the Family."  I was raised in a conservative home.  Liberals have been taking down this great nation for a long time.  Sadly, the rest of us are falling with them.

• Members

The funny thing is, the producers wanted everyone to hate Archie and love Meathead but as it turned out the show ended up drawing a more conservative audience that loved Archie and Meathead didn't come across as likable. While they tried to make Archie look and sound like a bigoted idiot, so much of what he said had truth in it that many agreed with his view and just laughed at the rest.

In the end, for many, they found others agreed with their viewpoint and the liberals on the show were so unlikable they never drew anywhere near the attention Archie did.

• Members

The funny thing is, the producers wanted everyone to hate Archie and love Meathead but as it turned out the show ended up drawing a more conservative audience that loved Archie and Meathead didn't come across as likable. While they tried to make Archie look and sound like a bigoted idiot, so much of what he said had truth in it that many agreed with his view and just laughed at the rest.

In the end, for many, they found others agreed with their viewpoint and the liberals on the show were so unlikable they never drew anywhere near the attention Archie did.

How odd that things have reversed. Michael Stivic would have worked himself up over the federal government's anti-Constitutional antics, while it's now the evil, closed minded conservatives who are the ones defending civil liberties.

• Members

How odd that things have reversed. Michael Stivic would have worked himself up over the federal government's anti-Constitutional antics, while it's now the evil, closed minded conservatives who are the ones defending civil liberties.

I know some older liberals who can't stand modern liberals and hate they even call themselves liberals.

• Administrators

I honestly think that was simply a slip of the tongue, not lack of knowledge.  Some have tried to say that he meant the muslim states because there are 57 muslim countries. I don't think so - just a slip.  Unlike so much of what has come out of his mouth that is just a bald-faced lie....

It's interesting to note that so many people don't understand that it was conservatives who pushed for "civil liberties" in the '60s...not liberals of the Michael Stivic variety. Indeed, it is the people who had the exact same mindset as him on that show who are now controlling things, walking all over the Constitution rather than defending or upholding it...

I've always liked Carroll O'Connor.  It's funny, but when I look at him or at Roy Clark, I always think of my dad. They all have the same color eyes.  I know, silly.  :icon_smile:

• Members

My dad liked Archie Bunker, too. The sad thing about that show is that Archie was made to seem like a bigoted idiot while his uber-liberal son-in-law was the reasonable one...

It backfired though. People ended up liking Archie Bunker the most. I even worked with a black guy who said it was his favorite show of all time.

• Members

I honestly think that was simply a slip of the tongue, not lack of knowledge.  Some have tried to say that he meant the muslim states because there are 57 muslim countries. I don't think so - just a slip.  Unlike so much of what has come out of his mouth that is just a bald-faced lie....

That's quite a slip. If it was a slip it's because his mind was on the Muslim Caliphate he planned on helping to create.

• Administrators

That's quite a slip. If it was a slip it's because his mind was on the Muslim Caliphate he planned on helping to create.

I don't know - if you think about it, had he said 47 instead of 57, everything else would have been right.  His numbers would have added up to 50.  I don't believe he has ever had one good thought about America, nor any good intentions upon taking office, but I honestly don't think it was anything other than speaking without a teleprompter...

Archived