• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"go To The Top" Doesn't Work?

• Members

Am I the only one who's "Go to the top" button doesn't work...you know...the little arrow icon at the bottom of the page that will take you back to the top of the page automatically.

I've tried it on two different Windows computers...a Linux computer...three different web browsers, and it's not working on any of them.

Is there something I need to do to make it work...'cause it's a handy feature! 

• Members

Safari...you're out hunting lions in Africa? No wonder you don't see it!   :nuts:

It's actually kind of hard to see.  I'm on Linux right now, but I think it was the same on every computer.

At the very bottom of the screen in the footer section...in the middle of the page...there is something that says Exec. Time.  About an inch above that is a very faint grayish circle with a triangle in it...that's the "Go to the top" button.

• Members

:nuts:  :nuts:  :nuts:

I just discovered something.  If I hover the mouse-pointer over the "Go to the top" button, I get a message at the bottom of my screen that looks like a web address.

Here's what the last part of it says...>19330-go-to-the-top-doesnt-work/#top

I guess the "Go to the top" button doesn't work.   :nuts:

Edited by No Nicolaitans

• Members

Why go to the Top; when all the good stuff is at the Bottom!!

Finish reading then where do you go?
If I hit 'back' it returns to the previous screen with the same state as before - the thread I just came out of is marked unread....

So I scroll to the top where the headings are.

No biggie - I need the exercise anyway. .... :D

• Administrators

It probably is just a javascript conflict. I do not know when I will have time to fix it. Right now my preaching schedule and my web-work is full. It is not a showstopping bug so I'll take a look at fixing it in a few weeks. Thank you for the report.