• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Call Me Doctor

OLD fashioned preacher

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It really is amazing how many who receive these honorary Doctorates are quick to put "Dr." in front of their names...and expect to be called "Dr. So-n-so".  Just a source of pride...

Noticed the same thing.  It's been my experience that those who have legitimately earned theirs generally don't go out of their way to make it known, except for professional reasons.

• Moderators

Having been one of Ach's targets, I think he's being kind. I won't even say what I think of Ach because there may be lad...well, females reading.

Are you insinuating that there are females but no ladies on this board?? (read your post, it looks that way).

• Moderators

I'm sorry. I thought I was saying that outright. I don't think much of the men here, either, in case you're wondering.

Hmmmn.

Let me see if I follow all this half way accurately:

Most of the men (and several women) on here have not corresponded with you AT ALL and yet -- everybody (or the bulk thereof) are perceived as having attacked you.

If I don't reply to the above statement will you perceive me as a spineless man? If I coddle you will you perceive me as a compromising man? If I tell you to grow up and quit looking for injury will you perceive me as a hateful man?

IOW, are you going to show yourself implacable??

• Members

If I don't reply to the above statement will you perceive me as a spineless man? If I coddle you will you perceive me as a compromising man? If I tell you to grow up and quit looking for injury will you perceive me as a hateful man?

Honestly? I try not to perceive you at all. I just post to threads that interest me as I wait for vendors.

• Members

Shameful...

After previous problems on this board, and you saying you were leaving...yet...you came back asking for a special (and much needed) prayer request...and people here prayed for you and your request.

Yet now, you put down the very same people.

Shameful...

Yeah, I asked for prayer. And look where it got me. One of those who pretended to be concerned was the first buzz saw I ran into when I came back.

Don't worry, though. I won't make that mistake again.

Out of curiosity, since you think I'm so awful, how would you react to me if our situations were reversed?

• Members

Yeah, I asked for prayer. And look where it got me. One of those who pretended to be concerned was the first buzz saw I ran into when I came back.

Don't worry, though. I won't make that mistake again.

Out of curiosity, since you think I'm so awful, how would you react to me if our situations were reversed?

I don't think you're awful; I do think you acted shamefully.

I learned long ago...my source of joy, happiness, and contentment doesn't come from anyone but the Lord.  If I allow how others treat me to be what builds me up or tears me down, I only open myself up to be controlled by others.  I still fail at times, because I'm human. We all have a desire for acceptance.  Sure...some people live for stirring up strife, but most people want to be accepted.

One of the best ways to gain acceptance is...

Luke 6:31
And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

If you want others to attack you, then attack others.  If you want others to be friendly to you, then be friendly to them.  

• Members

I don't think you're awful; I do think you acted shamefully.

I learned long ago...my source of joy, happiness, and contentment doesn't come from anyone but the Lord.  If I allow how others treat me to be what builds me up or tears me down, I only open myself up to be controlled by others.  I still fail at times, because I'm human. We all have a desire for acceptance.  Sure...some people live for stirring up strife, but most people want to be accepted.

One of the best ways to gain acceptance is...

Luke 6:31
And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

If you want others to attack you, then attack others.  If you want others to be friendly to you, then be friendly to them.  

Actually, I was friendly. I was polite. I was respectful. I got messages from people who "liked" my posts.

Then, I made the mistake of revealing that I affirm Reformed doctrine and the knives came out. I was called all kinds of names, the butt of all sorts of accusations. Couldn't report them because the moderators were/are some of the worst ones. Who would I report it to?

Now, the high and mighties, like you, not one said, "Hey, you guys think you might be a little rough on him? Is a difference of opinion about over ordo solutis (yeah, I know nobody here has a clue what that is) is really a good reason to act this way?" No, of course you didn't. But the minute I defend myself, oh, that you have a huge problem with.

So don't tell me to be friendly. I was friendly and look where it got me with your little clique.

By the way, I notice you didn't answer  my question. I don't blame you.

• Members

Actually, I was friendly. I was polite. I was respectful. I got messages from people who "liked" my posts.

Then, I made the mistake of revealing that I affirm Reformed doctrine and the knives came out. I was called all kinds of names, the butt of all sorts of accusations. Couldn't report them because the moderators were/are some of the worst ones. Who would I report it to?

Now, the high and mighties, like you, not one said, "Hey, you guys think you might be a little rough on him? Is a difference of opinion about over ordo solutis (yeah, I know nobody here has a clue what that is) is really a good reason to act this way?" No, of course you didn't.

Like me? Sir, I was never a part of that.  

I know what ordo solutis means, but whether anyone else here does makes no difference to me. I would rather know that they know the simplicity that is in Christ than a Monergistic Latin term. 

But the minute I defend myself, oh, that you have a huge problem with.

Sir, I responded to you putting others down...not you defending yourself.

So don't tell me to be friendly. I was friendly and look where it got me with your little clique.

Sir, I belong to no clique on this forum. I don't post here that often.  

I didn't tell you to be friendly.  I said that if you wanted others to be friendly to you, then you should be friendly to them. That's a suggestion...simple advice based on the word of God.  

By the way, I notice you didn't answer  my question. I don't blame you.

I did answer your question...

I learned long ago...my source of joy, happiness, and contentment doesn't come from anyone but the Lord.  If I allow how others treat me to be what builds me up or tears me down, I only open myself up to be controlled by others.

That's the answer to your question.  I won't go back and forth with you any longer.  

I hope your niece is doing better. 

Archived