• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Question Of The The Day....

The Glory Land

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Romans 9:11 Babies have never committed sin

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3 How can a person "become as little children"? By being purged from his old sins (2 Peter 1:9), and being "born again" with a new nature which does not sin (1 John 5:18) and therefore is clean, pure and innocent like a little child. 

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. Romans 7:9 Paul said he was "alive" and "died". and he could not have been speaking of physical death because he was writing with his pen at the time. A child has "done no good or evil" until he sins the very first time.

Good points heartstrings, and I hope you are seeing it right.  A baby can sin when he/she cries for no reason and keeps parents guessing what is wrong.  The crying could mean "I need my diaper changed" or (as in our case) I got poked with the needle from my diaper"; it could be saying "something is wrong", when there is nothing wrong but it wants to be held (which seems to be all the time!), so we can't say that they do not sin.  A lie is a lie, sin is sin. 

• Members

When my eldest son was a baby(now 25), he began crying in church one night. I knew something was wrong so I took him straight to the ER. The ER nurse said she could find nothing wrong. When I wouldn't take that for an answer, my primary physician was called. The doctor came in, and without even examining him said "I've seen this before, it's just a "mad cry". I knew better;  So the doctor looked in his ears and discovered what the nurse had missed; my Son had a bad ear infection. Children may whine to get something they want, but a genuine cry from an infant usually means the child needs something desperately, The" sin" comes when a child first knows rigjt from wrong. There is no age given for that.

Personally, Even today, being a proven sinner, the only times that I cry are out of sadness or intense joy.

• Members

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

Romans 9:11 Babies have never committed sin

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3 How can a person "become as little children"? By being purged from his old sins (2 Peter 1:9), and being "born again" with a new nature which does not sin (1 John 5:18) and therefore is clean, pure and innocent like a little child. 

For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. Romans 7:9 Paul said he was "alive" and "died". and he could not have been speaking of physical death because he was writing with his pen at the time. A child has "done no good or evil" until he sins the very first time.

But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. -Mattew 19:14

• Members

That section of Romans 7 is talking about Paul recognizing his state of sin.
Read the whole passage and that becomes plain.
No man is without sin "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

We are not sinners because we sin; we sin because we are sinners..........

• Administrators

I'm happy, glad, thrilled, you were not my teacher.  :biggrin:  :peek:  :hide:

Heeheehee...funny thing is, my son wishes he'd been homeschooled all the way up instead of just through grade 5.  He told his wife he learned more from me than in school.   :biggrin:  Being a hard teacher has it's good points.   :nuts:

• Members

Heeheehee...funny thing is, my son wishes he'd been homeschooled all the way up instead of just through grade 5.  He told his wife he learned more from me than in school.   :biggrin:  Being a hard teacher has it's good points.   :nuts:

I agree, mostly.

Public school was not as bad when i was in it as it is now, yet it was still bad enough even in the 50's & 60's. For even back them if you made friends with the wrong person or persons, you would probably be headed to trouble.

Back in my days of the 11th & 12th, & a short time after graduating, I had one friend that nearly every time we got together, trouble came. I realized it them, yet I would not stay away from him all the time. I knew better, but I did not do better, all the time, yet after a time I finally learned.

If I had been home schooled I would not have had such friends

I feel sure most understand, there's people you can be friends with yet when your together you never get in trouble. Yet there's others that will lead you to trouble. Of course I'm not blaming them 100%, we should know better, & do better.

• Administrators

I agree, mostly.

Public school was not as bad when i was in it as it is now, yet it was still bad enough even in the 50's & 60's. For even back them if you made friends with the wrong person or persons, you would probably be headed to trouble.

Back in my days of the 11th & 12th, & a short time after graduating, I had one friend that nearly every time we got together, trouble came. I realized it them, yet I would not stay away from him all the time. I knew better, but I did not do better, all the time, yet after a time I finally learned.

If I had been home schooled I would not have had such friends

I feel sure most understand, there's people you can be friends with yet when your together you never get in trouble. Yet there's others that will lead you to trouble. Of course I'm not blaming them 100%, we should know better, & do better.

So true.  The Bible clearly tells us "evil communications corrupt good manners." Parents can teach and form their children and then if the kids are around bad companions (in schools, even Christian schools, there is no guarantee that parents can shield their kids from the folly of bad kids) that can really hurt them spiritually!

• Members

The Bible says to "train up a child....(YOUR child)..... in the way that he should go..........". Can't do that when the school is teaching them evolution, big bang theory and secular humanism in the classroom and the world's kids are teaching them the filth of the world on the playground.

• Administrators

The Bible says to "train up a child....(YOUR child)..... in the way that he should go..........". Can't do that when the school is teaching them evolution, big bang theory and secular humanism in the classroom and the world's kids are teaching them the filth of the world on the playground.

Can't do it, either, in a Christian school where the kids are told not to tell mom and dad what's happened to them....

• Members

My Wife attended one for a short while and she says that the behavior, etc. wasn't much better than a secular school. One of the "Christian" schools, in our town, is owned/run by a woman "preacher"; I don't think the kids are getting sound doctrine in that one.

• Members

Amen & amen!

So true, sending them to public school will more likely teach them the ways of the devil, & sad to say most children that attend public school will go the way of the world, rejecting God's way.

Most of the children I attended public school with parents were church goers, yet after leaving home most dropped church, & did not bring their children up in the ways of the Lord.

I know it seems like a hardship to home-school & not send ones children to public school, yet home-school just may save many souls from following old Satan.

Archived