• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Wikileaks And The Latter Days

RSS Robot

• Members
The following is by Pastor Buddy Smith, Grace Baptist Church, Malanda, Queensland:

To any discerning readers out there,

For what it is worth, I stumbled across this article this morning from the
Sydney Morning Herald (Australia) (http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/how-i-met-julian-assange-and-secured-the-american-embassy-cables-20101210-18sxj.html). It describes an interview with Julian Assange, the man behind Wikileaks. Philip Dorling says more than he realises when he tells of the lengths he had to go to to see Assange.

We are seeing a subtle (maybe not so subtle) change in  the proportion of clay to iron in the feet of the great image of Daniel chapter 2. For those of you who have escaped Augustine's allegorizing of Scripture, and especially his twisting of all prophetic Scripture, Daniel's words are very relevant to today's world. He wrote, "And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay." (Daniel 2:43) 

For some years I have been pondering the phrase, "they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men" and observing the changes in the political framework of the nations of our world. It is obvious that the latter stages of the Roman empire, as depicted in the feet, and toes of the image in Nebuchadnezzar's dream, are increasingly "democratic." The extremities of the fourth kingdom are described as a mixture of iron and clay, of monarchy and democracy.

View the full article

• Members

One must be careful when interpreting prophecy, it is "ify" at best.

We look back at history to interpret prophecy, when the actual prophecy looked forward to it; in other words, we have a different viewpoint.  In time all will be revealed.

Archived