• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baraq Bamah

2T3:16

• Members

2T3:16  I am still nice. :clapping:   I am sorry if you took offense, my post was not at all meant maliciously, you do, however seem a little cantankerous, as you seems to think I was.  It almost looks as if you are ready to fight! 

I simply meant what Bro. Jerry said, when we have to run to the Greek or Hebrew to "get the real meaning" of scripture, we make the scholars our source instead of the Bible.  It sets us back to the days before the KJV as that was where the whole issue began.  The priests interpreted the scriptures for the common man, as you no doubt know, and today we do the same in effigy when we refer to the "original languages".

Sorry you took offense.

• Members
The End of the Cold War:

Central to Gorbachev’s understanding of Perestroika was the need to end the horrendously expensive arms race between the USSR and the West. In 1988, at an address to the UN, Gorbachev effectively ended the Cold War by announcing an end to the Brezhnev Doctrine - whereby Soviet forces propped up communist regimes in Eastern Europe - allowing democratic choice and pulling out of the arms race. He also pulled troops out of Afghanistan. Over the next two years the communist governments of Eastern Europe, including Poland, East Germany and Hungary, collapsed, with democracy taking their place; Gorbachev gave his assent to these changes, refusing to use the army to back the old regimes and withdrawing Soviet troops. This earned Gorbachev the 1990 Nobel Prize.

Importance:

While the role of US President Reagan in putting renewed pressure on the Soviet Union in the arms race cannot be discounted, there is no disguising the fact that Mikhail Gorbachev was the primary mover in both the end of the Cold War and the transformation of the USSR and Eastern Europe from totalitarian states to democracies. His economic policies and perestroika may have ultimately failed to restore the Soviet system, to the extent that the USSR fell apart beneath him, but he remains arguably the key figure in late twentieth century history.

• Members

2T3:16  I am still nice. :clapping:   I am sorry if you took offense, my post was not at all meant maliciously, you do, however seem a little cantankerous, as you seems to think I was.  It almost looks as if you are ready to fight! 

I simply meant what Bro. Jerry said, when we have to run to the Greek or Hebrew to "get the real meaning" of scripture, we make the scholars our source instead of the Bible.  It sets us back to the days before the KJV as that was where the whole issue began.  The priests interpreted the scriptures for the common man, as you no doubt know, and today we do the same in effigy when we refer to the "original languages". Unfortunately you will find that publishers are writing KJV on the binder and changing words so that you can pull several KJV's off the shelf and they will be jot/tittle/words different ... cliffs instead of clifts etc. So your beloved KJV on the shelf has already been changed by "original language" looking publishers!

Sorry you took offense.

You did notice that I didn't even interpret what the verses say, I just noted a pattern when going to the Hebrew? I am not trying to change anything ... from my King James Only perspective I find it a real issue if some one unsupportedly claims I am changing something ... I have battled regularly ... one person at a time ... in opposition to the changes being made to the beloved word of God.

Archived