• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Baraq Bamah

2T3:16

• Members

Saw the basics of this in a video and checked for myself so I thought I'ld share what I have:

<it didn't all copy and paste right>

baraq bamah

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

In Greek this is:

10:18  εἶπεν δὲ αὐτοῖς ἐθεώρουν τὸν Σατανᾶν ὡς ἀστραπὴν ἐκ τοῦ οὐρανοῦ πεσόντα

ἀστραπή is pronounced astrapē and is the word lightning in Greek (Strong's G796). Did Jesus speak Greek? Well, more likely Hebrew/Aramaic, and possibly other languages. Lightning in Hebrew is Strong's H1299 and H1300. H1299 is בָּרַק or baraq which means to flash (of lightning). H1300 is בָּרָק

or baraq which means flash like lightning (1), flashing (1), gleaming (2), glittering point (1), lightning (9), lightning flashes (3), lightnings (4). In Aramaic it is בְּרַק.

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isa 14:14 in Hebrew is אֶעֱלֶה עַל־בָּמֳתֵי עָב אֶדַּמֶּה לְעֶלְיֹֽון׃ notice the word בָּמֳ which in the Strong's is H1116 בָּמָה pronounced bamah meaning high place, ridge, height, bamah (technical name for cultic platform).

In 2009 Bamah won the Nobel Peace Prize. R-F-I-D chips? Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Traditional government benefits for health care and food were connected to Medicare/Food stamps. We find that there is a monetary penalty for not having healthcare, and there is the potential for a denial of benefits if you don't take the RFID chip in the near future. This situation could very well extend to food benefits as it is probably easier to use an implanted chip rather than a plastic credit card.

At 14May2013 on http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/13/18233295-insect-invasion-israel-battles-plague-of-locusts we find "TEL AVIV — Israel’s Negev Desert is alive – with locusts.Huge swarms of the newly hatched critters have begun marching across the sand, devouring everything in their path." Peter Miller

National Geographic News Published March 5, 2013 we read "They blew into Cairo over the weekend, riding winds from the south. Swarms of noisy desert locusts disrupted traffic, buzzed Cairo Stadium, crawled over golf courses, and even landed at the airport."Ancient Egyptian plagues!" one eyewitness joked"

Exodus 10:4 Else, if thou refuse to let my people go, behold, to morrow will I bring the locusts into thy coast:

• Members

Seems to me that I read all that before in the KJB

No need for Hebrew and Greek here.

Oh look, Acts 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?   <--- God is willing to use other tongues but apparently you have an issue with that?

Most missionaries use other languages but I guess we need to avoid Greek and Hebrew since you have an issue with those tongues and we are in America after all so we may not use any other language?

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

I guess you are part of the anti-dictionary anti-concordance anti-lexicon anti-whatever-crowd then?

2 Tim 4:13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

I guess I'll grab my cloke, books, and parchments, and head to the, um, dinner table then ... :wave:

Oh, before I go: If Jesus came on here speaking Greek or Hebrew then your response would be the thuggish "No need for Hebrew and Greek here." (he wasn't speaking english back then was he?)?

Well, if you believe in Jesus Christ then may God bless you with spiritual blessings. I'll be back later once I've prayed and read my King James Bible and calmed down for round 2 (would you like my address?) :boxing:

• Members

I firmly believe if you have the KJB, & you speak English, your holding God's Word in your hands. And I believe Marty was saying the same thing, notice i said, "I believe." So why correct it? Although a lexicon can help you understand why they translated in the manner they did, yet it should not be used for correction.

Of course those who cannot read English would need it in their language, common sense would dictate that.

• Members

I firmly believe if you have the KJB, & you speak English, your holding God's Word in your hands. <--- I never said the KJB wasn't God's word so this has nothing to do with the OP And I believe Marty was saying the same thing, notice i said, "I believe." <--- He said "No need for greek and hebrew here", that is what he said So why correct it? <---Show me ANYWHERE in the OP that I made a "correction" ANYWHERE, search me and try me. You wont find it because it's not there.  Although a lexicon can help you understand why they translated in the manner they did, yet it should not be used for correction. <--- I merely used the lexicon, SHOW ME ANY "CORRECTION". You are misrepresenting the OP which, in my opinion, is like lying.

Of course those who cannot read English would need it in their language, common sense would dictate that.

What other straw men and homin-men are going to comment?

• Members

I merely presented a pattern not an argument. On the other hand you are implying or arguing that I have "corrected" the King James bible ... a lie. Thus your statement "just truth that you seem to reject calling it straw man." is just showing that one of your lies breeds your need for more. Just quote my OP and write in red where I have claimed the King James Bible was in error (which you won't find ... because I believe the KJB is the infalliblibe innerrant word of God). The problem here is it looks like people have a phobia of the greek and hebrew and so are willing to lie and bully to keep others form using things that they are opposed to themselves.

• Members

>You said this:

"Oh, before I go: If Jesus came on here speaking Greek or Hebrew then your response would be the thuggish "No need for Hebrew and Greek here." (he wasn't speaking english back then was he?)?"

I said that English speaking people who hold the KJ Bible are holding God's Word in their hands. And these English speaking people have no need for Greek or Hebrews to read God's Word.

If your correcting the KJB by using a lexicon, your changing God's Word. And yes, so far your a straw man, & you brought up the straw man, & I use the phrase straw man only because you've used it. If your using the lexicon to help understand the verse, instead of correcting it, your OK.

I want call you a liar as you did me, for you may not know better.

• Members

Here, I will try to be gentle: if you actually look at the original post then you will see I just peeked at the underlying Greek/Hebrew and looked at the pronounciation of the words. I also looked at what the words mean according to the lexicon/dictionary ... which essentially repeats the english. There is an amazing correspondence with the name Barak Obama in verses that are about suprisingly similar things. Irishman, who is usually nice, jumped on the Greek/Hebrew ... for whatever reason ... I felt like he was being uncharacteristically bully-ish. You probably felt like I "attacked" your friend (Irishman), and I felt like he first attacked me ... however, it led to you accusing me of something that wasn't true ... if I did act like a correcter somewhere I would really like to know anyway ... I certainly don't want that attached to my name.

• Members

Back in the days of James I  and Charles I before 1640 when English christians were exiled to the Netherlands they did not allow any translation, only Hebrew and Greek.  In those days any education would include those languages as well as Latin and French.  All law was conducted in French and Latin till Cromwell.

Archived