• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Out Of Zion Shall Go Forth The Law, And The Word Of The Lord From Jerusalem.

beameup

• Members

Isa 2:3

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths:
for out of Zion shall go forth the Law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

• Members

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD,
to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths:
for out of Zion shall go forth the Law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

A glorious Gospel prophecy - see John 4.

• Members
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established
in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords
into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.

Isa 2:2 & 4

All Gentile nations will come to Jerusalem to honor King Jesus.

The Gentile nations will be disarmed, never to make war again.

• Members

And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established
in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords
into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.

Isa 2:2 & 4

All Gentile nations will come to Jerusalem to honor King Jesus.

The Gentile nations will be disarmed, never to make war again.

I'm not clear on you are saying the Scriptures are saying.

You obviously are not placing the fulfilment of this prophecy in the millennium, as that ends with the nations making war against the saints & the beloved city.

I think we all agree that all prophecy will be perfectly fulfilled in the NH&NE.

Those considerations preclude a literal fulfilment, & as Paul encourages to see the spiritual, we should look for it in this prophecy. Let's also look at the context; both Isaiah & Micah prophesied in the time of Hezekiah, long before the exile, but they both make it clear judgement & exile are coming.

Isaiah begins with dreadful warnings against Jerusalem, aka Sodom & Gomorrah. He prophesies judgement & redemption:

Isa, 1:25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:

26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellers as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

28 And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Micah likewise prophesies judgement before blessing:

Mic. 3:10 They build up Zion with blood, and Jerusalem with iniquity.

11 The heads thereof judge for reward, and the priests thereof teach for hire, and the prophets thereof divine for money: yet will they lean upon the Lord, and say, Is not the Lord among us? none evil can come upon us.

12 Therefore shall Zion for your sake be plowed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of the forest.

4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Jesus accomplished the prophesied redemption, & AD 70 completed the destruction judgement that became inevitable after Jerusalem rejected her Messiah.

Paul in Galatians & Hebrews write of the heavenly Zion as distinct from the carnal city in its bondage to the Law. In Christ we have freedom from the letter of the Law, & the Holy Spirit writing the Law in our hearts.

We should therefore understand the prophecy as referring to the Gospel going out to the nations, & as they respond end their enmity against God & walk in his paths.

• Members

Luke 1:32-33

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Promises by God given to the virgin Mary.  The "house of Jacob" was clearly understood to mean genetic Israelites.

"The Throne of His Father, David" was clearly understood by Mary to be the king's throne in Jerusalem, Israel.

• Members

That verse reminds me of a song (based on that verse and verse 4) which we used to sing when I was attending a Messianic congregation in Denver, CO.  It was one of my favorites and I found it on youtube:

Come Let Us Go Up: Israel's Hope

Enjoy!

Archived