• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

8 Foods We Eat That Other Countries Ban

John81

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Click on Libby Montana & check out Libby, Montana,  Wikipedia & Libby Montana & see the direct effects  asbestos has had on many of its citizens. Many of them are now dead. I'm only pointing out a starting point, you can go forward from there & find many more people that its affected, some came down with Mesothelioma of which there is no cure, when you have Mesothelioma you have a death sentence. Others have come down with all sorts of lung diseases making breathing difficult for them, their to led many of them though a miserable death.

Asbestos' U.S. legacy may be half-million deaths

As for me I call half-million many, even though you may not.

A high number of deaths caused by asbestos exposure and mesothelioma are recorded in the UK each year

Many deaths from this even take place in the UK each year.

Asbestos-related cancer deaths still rising in U.S.

In an analysis of death records, the CDC found that 18,068 deaths from malignant mesothelioma occurred between 1999 and 2005. During that period, the number of mesothelioma deaths per year climbed from 2482 to 2704.

And the death from asbestos is still rising in this country. I call 18,068 many deaths, & many who worked in it only suffered from lung disease cause by this dangerous thing.

Asbestos has been observed to cause four health disorders. Asbestosis results in stiffening of the lung, and has resulted in the deaths of many miners. Lung cancer has a higher incidence in miners who also smoke, with the chance of developing cancer roughly proportional to the amount smoked. Asbestos-induced cancer is found only rarely in nonsmokers. Among the various type of asbestos, chrysotile workers have the lowest incidence of cancer. Mesthelioma involves the development of a fatal tumor. The time between diagnosis and original exposure is commonly 30 years or more. Family members of miners are also at risk. Among the general population, 70-80% of all mesothelioma cases are caused by exposure to asbestos. A staggering 18% of all mortalities in crocidolite workers are the result of mesothelioma. Benign pleural changes also occur to an extent proportional to exposure, but rarely cause functional impairment.

"Ten thousand Americans die each year -- a rate approaching 30 deaths per day -- from diseases caused by asbestos, according to a detailed analysis of government mortality records and epidemiological studies by the EWG Action Fund. Asbestos kills thousands more people than skin cancer each year, and nearly the number that are slain in assaults with firearms. The suite of diseases linked to asbestos exposure overwhelmingly affect older men."

Yes, many have been affected in a very bad way by asbestos, although one is to many, yet the number that has suffered & even died from it are many, they had their life cut short & or died, its way to many for anyone to deny that many have died & suffered because of asbestos. And if you truly study about it you will find that those who were making many dollars off of asbestos did everything they could to cover up the effects on mankind that asbestos causes. Their only thought was more money & were willing to sacrifice men to make many dollars. Yet not only those who worked directly with it suffered, many of their family member suffered from it to because it was brought home to them in their clothing, tush many years later family members died from asbestos too.

• Members

I understood your point, which was correct, I was simply pointing out that asbestos doesn't ill effect all people as your post seemed to say.

Understood and I agree: exposure to asbestos fibres carries a risk but not a certainty of health effects, like smoking I guess.

• Members

Its a fact, unpasteurized milk can be very dangerous, even deadly.

Easy to say, but not so easy to prove.  Before Louis Pasteur, all milk was  unpasteurized and there were a number of diseases caused by it, some of them no doubt deadly including TB, but unfortunately pasteurization does not remove that .  There was a health scare with milk two or three years ago and producers had to increase the temperature of pasteurization.  One ppproblem with our food is with the over prescribing of antibiotics and not osing the complete course which makes many bugs resistant to them.  That includes using antibiotics to fatten cattle.

• Members

Easy to say, but not so easy to prove.  Before Louis Pasteur, all milk was  unpasteurized and there were a number of diseases caused by it, some of them no doubt deadly including TB, but unfortunately pasteurization does not remove that .  There was a health scare with milk two or three years ago and producers had to increase the temperature of pasteurization.  One ppproblem with our food is with the over prescribing of antibiotics and not osing the complete course which makes many bugs resistant to them.  That includes using antibiotics to fatten cattle.

Yes, its easy to say, for its true. Raw milk mishandled can be very dangerous & even deadly when one drinks it. Handle properly it taste just great.

If you believe other wise, that's OK, its you choice. Yet all people should be very careful & cautious with unpasteurized milk.

• Members

Yes, its easy to say, for its true. Raw milk mishandled can be very dangerous & even deadly when one drinks it. Handle properly it taste just great.

If you believe other wise, that's OK, its you choice. Yet all people should be very careful & cautious with unpasteurized milk.

That's true of any milk. I don't think anyone here would advocate the mishandling of either raw pasteurized or unpasteurized milk.

Likely as not all our parents and/or grandparents survived on unpasteurized milk, as did their ancestors.

Myself, I would no more accept unpasteurized milk from an unknown or unreliable source than I would pasteurized milk.

We have to take care with all that we eat or drink, and even then it's in the Lord's hands, which is why I pray over what we eat and drink.

• Moderators

Any milk room should be kept clean. I personally think that the diseases associated with raw milk in the past were a result of their lack of understanding of germs and proper sanitation and refrigeration. Properly maintained, raw milk is not particularly dangerous, and is so healthy for you (of course - that's how God designed it).  Pasteurized milk is dead - much like pasteurized honey. Whereas raw honey is one of the best foods, pasteurized honey is no more than sugar water. All the enzymes that make it good for you have been killed. (I know this because my dad used to be a beekeeper. That's my authoritative source. :wink)

• Members

Raw milk was great when every family had their own cow, yet that is not possible today.To get milk to the user it has to be transported great distances being handled by many different people which takes time. So pasteurized milk is the safest milk for human to drink.

Archived