• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Dregs Of The World

Guest "I am chief"

Psalms 75:6-10 
6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.
7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
8 For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.
9 But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
10 All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.

A picture of God presenting us with choices.

I don't believe God wants us to have the dregs chosen by the wicked to lead us while we wait for Christ's return. The lost drink in the dregs like kool-aid; We don't have to become beguiled.

After all, every candidate for leadership in this nation is poured from God's cup. God's given you the power to oppose the wicked, don't settle for the dregs.

• Members

Is it not reasonable to say that we can only vote for whoever is on the ballot?  Write-ins chances of getting elected are astronomical, impossible.  Never going to happen.  So, when we vote, we only have choices of who is represented on the ticket.  I always vote for someone, don't waste my vote on a write-in.

• Members

Is it not reasonable to say that we can only vote for whoever is on the ballot?  Write-ins chances of getting elected are astronomical, impossible.  Never going to happen.  So, when we vote, we only have choices of who is represented on the ticket.  I always vote for someone, don't waste my vote on a write-in.

If I remember correctly, Ike, got elected after 'write ins'.  That would be a spoilt ballot paper here.

• Members

David was "the man after God's own heart" and God Himself appointed him to office. Yet David committed some horrible and despicable things while "in office". Say it ain't so! That being said, all of us are wicked sinners at best and we may not commit adultery and murder our neighbor to get his wife, but we sometimes slip up and talk about him behind his back.

I refuse to vote for a man like Mr. Obama or any of the Democratic party who consistently support wicked things like abortions, 'gay rights' and a lot of other junk. I would think my "Paw Paw" would be a far better choice for President but, unfortunately  PawPaw isn't on the ballot.  So, just like King David was the "lesser of two evils" and, like I said, we all are: I will continue to earnestly pray for my country and vote for the same.

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn. Proverbs 29:2

Yes, and who on earth is given the authority to allow the dregs when God has given them the ability to prevent it.

And who or what are these choices?  Cursing the darkness accomplishes little without presenting an alternative.

God gives you alternatives...study the Psalm in the OP.

• Members

God gives you alternatives...study the Psalm in the OP.

I can only assume, based on the last paragraph of your opening post, that you intend this thread to be about politics.  If I am wrong, then I misunderstood.

If I am correct, and this is political,  then would you be more specific about who you consider to be righteous alternatives.   Don't be vague.

And please don't say that we ought to vote for Jesus as a write-in.

I can only assume, based on the last paragraph of your opening post, that you intend this thread to be about politics.  If I am wrong, then I misunderstood.

If I am correct, and this is political,  then would you be more specific about who you consider to be righteous alternatives.   Don't be vague.

And please don't say that we ought to vote for Jesus as a write-in.

God allows them all. Just vote for the ones who have the best opportunity to support godliness in this nation, "and he poureth out of the same." I've not been vague, just don't waste your vote and provide for the "dregs" an opportunity.

Archived