• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is World War 3 Getting Close

JerryNumbers

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why would you say bring it on? If that comes to pass many people will be killed, even many innocent people, surely you do not want that to happen.

No, I think it would be terrible for innocent people to perish needlessly. However, it's going to happen anyway.  Best be prepared and know how to shoot accurately.

• Members

Nobody wins a nuclear war. The safest place is IN CHRIST, & if we are in Christ, a nuclear explosion takes us to glory.

The idea that Zechariah predicts a nuclear war is of course nonsense. His prophecies concern Christ, the Gospel, the coming of the Holy Spirit, & of course the New Jerusalem, of which all believers are citizens. That Jerusalem is jealously guarded. Jesus explained to the Samaritan that Jerusalem centred worship was ceasing. We now have Christ centred worship, wherever we are.

• Members

There has been the possibility of nuclear war since the USSR became a nuclear power. The years of the Cold War were years of worry about an impending nuclear war. Once the USSR collapsed the government began telling everyone they still needed to be afraid because some terrorist might get hold of a nuclear device.

Jesus said there will always be wars and rumours of wars. Nothing for us to worry about. We live for Christ as fully as we can and as pointed out above, if war claims our lives we immediately go to be forever with the Lord.

• Members

The nuclear devices we need to worry about are being used only by USA in conflict zones - DU shells.

They pollute the land, cause mutations in the womb, AND are afflicting the US soldiers in the war zone.

It's best to understand the plague of Zech. 14 as the terrors of hell, rather than look forward to a nuclear war - even if all the Christians have been "raptured" to the heavenly grandstand.

• Members

Are you saying your firm beliefs trump the example and teachings of Jesus and the Apostles?

Jesus also told the disciples to take up a sword. 

Luke 22:35-38

22:35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

22:38 And they said, Lord, behold, here [are] two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

I refuse to lay down and let someone harm me or my family.  If it's a sin, so be it, I'm going to protect myself anyway.

Archived