• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Discouraged

Anon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Kitagrl...

As I read for my devotions this morning I thought of your thread.

A psalm of Asaph...Psalms 73.

Love that Psalm!  When I was in high school, our music teacher put it to music.  Every time I read it (or when it is preached from), I end up singing as much as I can remember.  As stupid teens do, we laughed about it at the time.  But now, in hindsight of maturity, I'm so thankful we "had" to learn it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

I was a youth pastor for five years I strongly believe that the church is not to entertain the youth but to teach them Gods Word, when I took over the youth ministry we only had six teens I taught them from the Bible only, when we started a study from Gods Word we continued it until we were finished. I saw these youth get excited with a hunger for Gods Word and how they were beginng to pray for other teen friends and members of the church.one Sunday morning I walked into my class and we had five teens our teens had invited , these teens were from a much larger church that entertained their youth and I thought maybe they would be bored with our little class but I found that they had a hunger for Gods Word,but most of them were lost, I worked with the youth to lead each one to trust in Jesus as their savior. I had a love in my heart for each one of these children and  begin to pray for them more and more asking the Lord to take control so I may be able to train them to be his disciples, in five mouths our youth had grown from six to 41 having 35 of them that got saved.

I had no way to entertain these youth nor had any reason to, I loved them enough to teach them God's Word and that's all they needed and God did the rest.  my love for God and for them was all I had to offer.

I will be praying for you and your Children , and will also be praying that God will send someone to your church with love in their heart for the youth. 

• Members

Kitagrl

Many times through my trials I've been discouraged and felt my faith had failed, but turning to my Father and opening up my heart to him he has given  His peace, how wonderful his peace is.

There's no greater counselor than our Father ,He loves you and wants you to open your heart to Him, and when you do he will give you peace.    There"s no greater Peace than that from our Father

Praying

• Members

In our little town we have a "popular church" and most of what one hears people talking about regarding that church is how great their youth program is, how they let the kids be involved in a lot of things at the church and how much fun they have. In all my years here I've never yet heard anyone who is speaking up for that church mention a thing about the lost coming to Christ, growth in Christ, sound biblical preaching; only talk of the fun youth programs.

Interestingly, our associate pastor leads our high school youth group and some of the youth from the "fun church" choose to attend our "boring" youth group; which is centered around the Word of God. We actually have youth from several area churches, many which must drive 20-30 miles, who choose to attend our churches high school youth group.

A youth program based upon the Word of God, seeing the lost saved and rooting and grounding the youth in the Word, will draw those who want to follow Christ.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

When I get discouraged, and some of you know my recent history and the discouragement that can come with it, I just remember that the Lord told me to "go". He never promised anyone would respond, never promised me a nice building or good singers or attractive, intelligent people, or ANY people. He never promised me good pay or a nice house-He just told me to go, and I went. If I am faithful, and OBedient in my call, then I will be pleasing to Him. If no one comes, I still must be faithful. I have had many services where no one showed up but my wife and I, but I keep going. Sure, I have times I want to hang it up and just enjoy sitting in a church, singing harmony on the hymns, rather than leading the music, and hearing the messages. I miss that. But when I really consider it, I realize that I could never again be content to just be a pew-sitter. I gotta preach! Its a fire in me!

Stay on the path-Jeremiah preached forty years and had, what, Baruch? Everyone else rejected him. But he was faithful and that was all that was required of him. We haven't been told to win them, but to preach the word, preach the gospel, and it's the Lord's jOB to bring the increase.

• Members

Mike,  I remember and older pastor friend saying that he had remained on the path that God had put him on for 50 years and God had provided all he ever need of, praying for you brother.

• Members

When I get discouraged, and some of you know my recent history and the discouragement that can come with it, I just remember that the Lord told me to "go". He never promised anyone would respond, never promised me a nice building or good singers or attractive, intelligent people, or ANY people. He never promised me good pay or a nice house-He just told me to go, and I went. If I am faithful, and OBedient in my call, then I will be pleasing to Him. If no one comes, I still must be faithful. I have had many services where no one showed up but my wife and I, but I keep going. Sure, I have times I want to hang it up and just enjoy sitting in a church, singing harmony on the hymns, rather than leading the music, and hearing the messages. I miss that. But when I really consider it, I realize that I could never again be content to just be a pew-sitter. I gotta preach! Its a fire in me!

Stay on the path-Jeremiah preached forty years and had, what, Baruch? Everyone else rejected him. But he was faithful and that was all that was required of him. We haven't been told to win them, but to preach the word, preach the gospel, and it's the Lord's jOB to bring the increase.

On a side note brother. Do you mind switching your pic back to batman or one of the others. This goat/ox/sheep thing is freakin me out. And I eat my own vomit

Archived