• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chrislam? Christian Palestinianism?

LindaR

• Members

From the Berean Call Newsletter, January, 2012

Chrislam? Christian Palestinianism??

Whenever we, as biblical Christians, think that things couldn’t possibly become more preposterous in Christendom, we need to call to mind the Scriptures that tell us that the time will come when Christians will not endure sound doctrine, and many will corrupt the Word of God (2 Timothy 4:3; 2 Corinthian 2:17; 2 Peter:3:16). The Apostle Paul further declares to Timothy that those who bring such doctrines shall turn people away from the truth to fables, that is, myths, of their own invention (2 Timothy 4:4; Titus:1:14). Today, such teachings and practices are increasing at a staggering rate—practices that range from the patently absurd to the insidious, even menacingly dangerous, both spiritually and physically.

Chrislam ? That attempt to combine Christianity and Islam in a common worship service would be a bad joke if it were a joking matter, but it’s far from it. As I understand it, this teaching began as a way to help stop the genocide and bring peace between Muslims and Christians in Africa. Sincere in its concern, no doubt, yet sincerely wrong. Muslims who truly follow the Qur’an, and Christians who believe what the Bible presents, regard Chrislam as a blasphemous contradiction of their beliefs.

Why? The differences, which are very apparent, cannot be reconciled. Allah is a false god of man’s making and is nothing like the God of the Bible, who sent His Son, Jesus, to pay the full penalty for the sins of the world (John 3:16). Allah has no son and condemns all those who believe that he does (Surah 18:4-6; 23:91). Allah is a singular entity (Surah 4:171); the God of the Bible is a Triune God: one God—three Persons. Isa (Jesus) of the Qur’an is not God; he is simply a prophet of Allah (4:171). The biblical Jesus is God who became a Man (John 1:1-4; John 10:33). Allah denigrates Jews (Surah 5:59-60); God refers to the children of Israelas the “apple of his eye” (Deuteronomy 32:9-10). The Hadith (the sayings of Muhammad allegedly received from Allah) declares that the Judgment Day of Allah won’t come until the rocks and trees cry out to Muslims to kill the Jews that are hiding behind them (Sahih Muslim Book 041, Number 6981-4). That is anti-Semitism at its worst.

The fundamental teachings of Islam and Christianity allow no compromise. Anyone can certainly believe or make up whatever he wants to about Islam or Christianity, but no one can make them compatible with each other on the basis of either one’s sacred texts. Nevertheless, that obstacle is not holding back the multitudes who are letting their desires rush ahead of reason. Furthermore, such irrationality is being exploited by those who have as their agenda: “Faith Shared.”

Continued here

In March or April, 2012, Rick Warren and many other “evangelicals” signed the Yale Covenant

'Loving God and Neighbor: A Christian Response to A Common Word Between Us and You'. 

While thousands of Arabs and former Islamic believers are coming to Christ and experiencing forgiveness and the “New Birth” by the Cross, American Apostate ministers are turning to Chrislam. Say what you please, but the Bible has made it plain, “seeing they crucify to themselves the Son Of God afresh and put Him to an open shame.” (Hebrews 6:6b) This crowd, unless they repent with great sorrow will spend eternity in a “devil’s hell”.

Isn't this just a terrific way to build a bridge between Islam (an antichrist religion) and biblical Christianity?  This is called "Chrislam".  Where is this type of "peacemaking" found in Scripture?

Any thoughts?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Worldly Christians (meaning those who likely aren't saved but enjoy their worldly form of Christianity) love these sort of things. They've been fed so much liberal mush through public schools and the media that anytime there is a "let's all come together, ignore our differences, embrace our similarities and have a group hug" thing comes along they jump on board.

The last two American presidents both declared publically, several times, that Islam and Christianity worship the same God, that both religions lead to heaven. If one were to actually buy into this then it would seem a naturally good idea to meld the two together for the sake of peace, harmony and understanding.

Then again, for those who know the truth of Scripture, as well as those who know and hold to the teachings of the Koran, the whole notion of Islam and Christianity being truly similar is clearly a lie and the two can't exist together as they are diametrically opposed to one another.

True Christianity teaches that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; that He died (really died) upon a cross, was buried and rose again, and that ONLY through Jesus can we be right with God and be assured of heaven. There is NO other way for Jesus is the Way.

Islam teaches there is one god and Mohammad is his prophet. A totally contrary teaching to Christianity and a totally different "god" they are referring to. Islam also teaches Jesus didn't die on the cross as well as teaches that both Jews and Christians have corrupted the Word of God and the Koran is the only true and pure word from god. Islam teaches all must convert to Islam, either willingly or by force. Otherwise most non-Muslims must be killed and the rest turned into virtual slaves.

Those Christians who cozy up to Islam are fooling themselves and Muslims who approve of such endeavors laugh at the foolishness of their enemies (according to Islam, any non-Muslim is the enemy of their god and therefore their enemy) and await the day they can use their foolishness to bring them down.

There can be no true "Chrislam", only a sham for those interested in humanistic religion, a false light for a few foolish naïve folks and a tool against non-Muslims which Islam can exploit.

• Members

40 years ago I was in high school but in our little high school most of the teachers were local, considered themselves to be Christians, as did most students (whether they actually were biblical Christians or not), so not much about other religions was a part of any subject. Nearly everyone in our little high school was some form or another Christian, with a very tiny few who were Catholic (I actually only know of two who were Catholic and they were from the same family).

With all that, the courses were taught from a secular standpoint, as the curriculum was the standard stuff used around the country. A few teachers would add their own corrections or a more Christian viewpoint, but most often if another view was put forth it was from that more-so worldly "Patriotic American Christian" sort of view.

I considered myself to be a Christian back then but didn't know what that really meant. I wasn't born again in Christ until about 4 months after I graduated high school on a Sunday night right after I turned 18.

• Members

I also was in High School 40 years ago. 

As to faiths in that High School, I think the majority thought themselves to be "Christian" but thought so because of works instead of position.

While I was raised in Church from a toddler, loved singing all the wonderful hymns as a youth, going on inner-city mission trips to places like the Bowery in New York to witness to those less fortunate, I did not trust Christ until I was 20.

• Members

I have one comment, & its on this statement pasted below.

"The fundamental teachings of Islam and Christianity allow no compromise. Anyone can certainly believe or make up whatever he wants to about Islam or Christianity, but no one can make them compatible with each other on the basis of either one’s sacred texts"

There is only one book that has sacred text, & its the "Holy Bible."

• Members

Jerry,

To the Muslim, the Koran is their "sacred text".  Just because the Koran is the "sacred text" of Islam, doesn't mean that Islam and Christianity will ever be compatible.  Islam is an antichrist religion.

• Members

Jerry,

To the Muslim, the Koran is their "sacred text".  Just because the Koran is the "sacred text" of Islam, doesn't mean that Islam and Christianity will ever be compatible.  Islam is an antichrist religion.

Yes, I know what they believe, but its not sacred, & in that article it seems they called the Koran scared right along with the Holy Bible, & thus everyone signing it were agreeing its sacred. And I surely did not imply they were compatible, just the oppsite.

• Members

Yes, I know what they believe, but its not sacred, & in that article it seems they called the Koran scared right along with the Holy Bible, & thus everyone signing it were agreeing its sacred. And I surely did not imply they were compatible, just the oppsite.

Are you implying that the Berean Call ministry is "in accord" with Chrislam and the "ecumenists" (apostates) who have signed this document?  Perish the thought!  The Berean Call even questions the veracity of George W. Bush's "profession" of Christ when he continually calls Islam a "religion of peace".

The "ecumenists" and apostates (like Rick Warren) who signed this document (the Yale Covenant) DO believe that the Koran is sacred, right along with the Holy Bible.  Otherwise, why would they sign such a document?  

• Members

I have met Stephen Sizer, been to his church for a conference on presenting the Gospel to Hindus, & read & approved several of his books. We are facebook friends. We should not judge him by those dubious "Christians" who agree with him on some points but by his own position. "We" are too ready to label each other & then malign our own labelling - our own misunderstanding of another's position. 

His church website has this statement of faith.   Certainly NOT "Chrislam."

The question we need to consider is whether Scripture clearly prophesies (1) a restoration of Israel as a nation & (2) whether the present state of Israel fulfils Bible prophecy. There is no NT prophecy of a restoration of Israel as a nation, only the salvation of all Israel.

IMO There is no reason why we should consider unbelieving Jews, living in rejection of their Messiah Jesus to be the people of God, nor to be an holy nation. (Ex. 19) Especially as Peter claims that distinction for the believers he was writing to (aka the church.) (1 Peter 2)

The Israeli oppression of their Palestinian neighbours, both Muslim & Christian is contrary to our Lord's teaching & the command to love. We should not see the Palestine Christians as all Gospel Christians - there is an ethnic Christianity rather than true believers - but there has always been a remnant of believers, as in USA & UK.

There is, of course, good reason for Zionism in a world that has persecuted Jews mercilessly, but that is no reason for the Jews to persecute Palestinians & drive them from their homes & lands & livelihoods. The unquestioning support given to Israel, including massive financial & military aid, together with tacit approval of the Israeli nuclear arsenal is a serious barrier to any resolution of the conflict.

The continuing crusades & drone strikes against Muslims in Iraq & Afghanistan can only increase the hatred & hostility.

We all "know" that Muslims have a policy of world domination which means that we can never live in peace & safety with them. "We" of course have no such policy..... Is there a league table of Israeli vs Palestinian deaths? And Muslim vs US deaths?

And where is the Gospel in all this? Stephen Sizer travels to Africa to support schools & Christian education projects.

• Members

Are you implying that the Berean Call ministry is "in accord" with Chrislam and the "ecumenists" (apostates) who have signed this document?  Perish the thought!  The Berean Call even questions the veracity of George W. Bush's "profession" of Christ when he continually calls Islam a "religion of peace".

The "ecumenists" and apostates (like Rick Warren) who signed this document (the Yale Covenant) DO believe that the Koran is sacred, right along with the Holy Bible.  Otherwise, why would they sign such a document?  

Wow, your confused, & or I am.

I stated that all who signed that document seems to think the Koran is sacred.

I stated the Koran is not sacred.

I stated the Koran is not compatible with the Bible.

Rick Warren is an itching ear compromising pastor.

All of my statement were pointed towards the document & those who signed it.

Hope that clears up the confusion & or whatever it is.

• Members

Here is a youtube video of Paul Wilkinson (he is from the UK) in which he describes and defines Christian Palestinianism. 

Sorry Covenanter, but Stephen Sizer and his "ilk" are very anti-Israel.  God promised to restore the nation of Israel....this is what the Bible calls "The Land Covenant", found in Deuteronomy 30:1-10.

The Land Covenant

• Members

I have met Stephen Sizer, been to his church for a conference on presenting the Gospel to Hindus, & read & approved several of his books. We are facebook friends. We should not judge him by those dubious "Christians" who agree with him on some points but by his own position. "We" are too ready to label each other & then malign our own labelling - our own misunderstanding of another's position. 

His church website has this statement of faith.   Certainly NOT "Chrislam."

The question we need to consider is whether Scripture clearly prophesies (1) a restoration of Israel as a nation & (2) whether the present state of Israel fulfils Bible prophecy. There is no NT prophecy of a restoration of Israel as a nation, only the salvation of all Israel.

IMO There is no reason why we should consider unbelieving Jews, living in rejection of their Messiah Jesus to be the people of God, nor to be an holy nation. (Ex. 19) Especially as Peter claims that distinction for the believers he was writing to (aka the church.) (1 Peter 2)

The Israeli oppression of their Palestinian neighbours, both Muslim & Christian is contrary to our Lord's teaching & the command to love. We should not see the Palestine Christians as all Gospel Christians - there is an ethnic Christianity rather than true believers - but there has always been a remnant of believers, as in USA & UK.

There is, of course, good reason for Zionism in a world that has persecuted Jews mercilessly, but that is no reason for the Jews to persecute Palestinians & drive them from their homes & lands & livelihoods. The unquestioning support given to Israel, including massive financial & military aid, together with tacit approval of the Israeli nuclear arsenal is a serious barrier to any resolution of the conflict.

The continuing crusades & drone strikes against Muslims in Iraq & Afghanistan can only increase the hatred & hostility.

We all "know" that Muslims have a policy of world domination which means that we can never live in peace & safety with them. "We" of course have no such policy..... Is there a league table of Israeli vs Palestinian deaths? And Muslim vs US deaths?

And where is the Gospel in all this? Stephen Sizer travels to Africa to support schools & Christian education projects.

OK somebody slap me! Is this YOUR opinion or whoever Steve Sizer is? 

• Members

????!!!! Keep slapping!! Jerry, I think she's trying to bait you! Or she posted in wrong forum? :puzzled3:

Archived