• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian Movie #1 At Box Office

ASongOfDegrees

• Members

My pastor preaches that as Christians we shouldn't even step in a movie theatre even if it is a Christian movie because it might hurt our witness.  Kinda like the don't eat the meat sacrificed to idols scripture.

I disagree.  I don't know how anyone else feels about watching movies at home or in a theatre, Christian or secular.  I like a good, entertaining movie once in a while just for an escape.  I never heard of the "We're Not Alone" one.  I want to see the Unstoppable but gonna wait until it comes to RedBox.  :-)  There's also a new Left Behind movie coming out I think in 2014.  I don't know if it's a remake or sequel.  I just saw Gravity.  I hope I didn't open a can of worms.  :-) 

My wife and I went to the picture show Friday night. Our son wants to see a secular movie so we went to check it out to make sure it's OK first.

If that hurts our witness, then we've been preaching the wrong Gospel. Our witness should be about Christ and what Christ has done for us and in us, not what man-made rules we follow.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived