• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian Movie #1 At Box Office

ASongOfDegrees

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do not have a horse in this race, but it seems like the bait is on the end of your stick.

What Fruit of the Spirit are you displaying here today?

I'm displaying the fruit of self control. What fruit are you two displaying?

It looks like, since you two are trying to goad me into a fight, even after a moderator has already said, "Now, I'm pulling rank as moderator. Discuss the movie or don't respond.  Thank you.", that you two are displaying the fruit of rebellion.

• Members

It sounds like a good movie. Can't wait for it to be out in DVD.

Thanks for the tip, ASOD.  The trailor looks good. 

James Dobson is also quoted as saying this in the article.  Dr. James Dobson, renowned evangelical Christian author, psychologist and founder of Focus on the Family, challenges moviegoers to see “Alone Yet Not Alone.”  I like his ministry.

HC, do you go to video stores to find DVD's such as this?  We don't have any video stores in my area, and we find ourselves purchasing them.

It must have been a very limited release in theaters, I've never heard of it.

I know Kirk Cameron had a limited release movie recently, Unstoppable, and I heard it did well. I never heard of it being anywhere around here.

It must have been, John.  I also do not remember "Unstoppable" being in the theater in my area, but do remember it advertised.  I wonder if this movie is out on DVD, yet.  Do you know? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

HC, do you go to video stores to find DVD's such as this?  We don't have any video stores in my area, and we find ourselves purchasing them.

Try Christian Book Distributors.  They have a large variety of films.  Sometimes you can get one for $5 or $6.  We have gotten several for $4.99 that have 4-6 movies on them.  All old, some dumb, but many good to watch.   Of course, buyer beware because some of them certainly don't fit the "Christian" category. They are not all labeled Christian, though - some are simply considered family oriented. Also, know that if you order from them, you will be inundated with catalogs.   :nuts:

http://www.christianbook.com/?kw=christian%20book%20shop&mt=b&dv=c&event=PPCSRC&p=1018818&gclid=CNOjubiW3boCFS4aOgodMUgAJg

• Members

My pastor preaches that as Christians we shouldn't even step in a movie theatre even if it is a Christian movie because it might hurt our witness.  Kinda like the don't eat the meat sacrificed to idols scripture.

I disagree.  I don't know how anyone else feels about watching movies at home or in a theatre, Christian or secular.  I like a good, entertaining movie once in a while just for an escape.  I never heard of the "We're Not Alone" one.  I want to see the Unstoppable but gonna wait until it comes to RedBox.  :-)  There's also a new Left Behind movie coming out I think in 2014.  I don't know if it's a remake or sequel.  I just saw Gravity.  I hope I didn't open a can of worms.  :-) 

• Members

Try Christian Book Distributors.  They have a large variety of films.  Sometimes you can get one for $5 or $6.  We have gotten several for $4.99 that have 4-6 movies on them.  All old, some dumb, but many good to watch.   Of course, buyer beware because some of them certainly don't fit the "Christian" category. They are not all labeled Christian, though - some are simply considered family oriented. Also, know that if you order from them, you will be inundated with catalogs.   :nuts:

http://www.christianbook.com/?kw=christian%20book%20shop&mt=b&dv=c&event=PPCSRC&p=1018818&gclid=CNOjubiW3boCFS4aOgodMUgAJg

Thank you, HC.

• Members

Well, in a way....How about we start another thread for that?  Simply because this topic can go just about anywhere.  Would you want to do that, or would you like me to?

Oh oh...which can did I open?  The topic of Christian movies or secular?  I'm not sure how to start a thread.  Is that by just posting a new topic?  I still don't know how to look at my friends list.  I only know that because I got a message in my Yahoo email.  Some people added me and I don't know where to go to my list so I can read profiles.

• Administrators

Oh oh...which can did I open?  The topic of Christian movies or secular?  I'm not sure how to start a thread.  Is that by just posting a new topic?  I still don't know how to look at my friends list.  I only know that because I got a message in my Yahoo email.  Some people added me and I don't know where to go to my list so I can read profiles.

Going to the theater...you will get responses that range all the way from absolutely never to well, maybe once in a while.  And some may not be to your liking, so be prepared. :icon_smile:   But don't let that stop you...that's the way to get the feel of what people believe, and for us to learn from each other.  Sometimes it gets hairy, but not always. 

Yes, you would post a new topic under a forum where the topic fits.  Since this forum is for reviews, it would probably be better to post a topic on whether or not to attend a theater in the Lounge.  So, you would head there, and click on start a new topic.  There is space for your title, and then you would start your OP, or opening post.  As the originator of the post, you can close it, and you can let people know when you feel it's veering off topic. 

As to your friends list, click on your profile (you can do that by clicking on your profile picture).  The friends list is on the right. It's marked as friends list, and you'll see profile pictures.

• Members

Actually, the topic is about the specific movie We are Not Alone?  If the topic is on that specific movie and not "movies" in general, Christian or secular...then no...I don't think I want to start a new thread.  I think movies is a touchy subject similar to music.  I learned my lesson.  I don't want to go there again.  LOL

• Administrators

Actually, the topic is about the specific movie We are Not Alone?  If the topic is on that specific movie and not "movies" in general, Christian or secular...then no...I don't think I want to start a new thread.  I think movies is a touchy subject similar to music.  I learned my lesson.  I don't want to go there again.  LOL

Okay. That's more than fine.  :biggrin:  (but the topic would be whatever you want it to be)

Archived