• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christian Movie #1 At Box Office

ASongOfDegrees

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It must have been a very limited release in theaters, I've never heard of it.

I know Kirk Cameron had a limited release movie recently, Unstoppable, and I heard it did well. I never heard of it being anywhere around here.

Yes, very limited but it gonna get a wider release. Even with it's limited release it pulled in more movie per theater than the #1 secular movie in America. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Ever wonder where the profits from these movies goes; and what they're used for? It would be great if all aspects (producers, directors, actors, etc) were christian based; even then I personally wouldn't go to the movie house to watch them. Just my personal conviction.

There was a time when preachers preached against having any association with the movie industry.

• Members

:ot:  This is a movie thread.  If you want to discuss the difference between a Christian movie and rock music start a different thread.   :11backtotopic:

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of saying that there can be Christian movies, but not Christian rock music.

((For the record, I can't stand Christian rock music, but I hate hypocrisy even more.))

• Administrators

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of saying that there can be Christian movies, but not Christian rock music.

((For the record, I can't stand Christian rock music, but I hate hypocrisy even more.))

Again, start a thread to make your point.  Back to the topic. Thank you.

• Administrators

I think my point was made in my first post. You're the one who chose to drag this out, not me.

Auburn, stop. Now. I'm not asking.  My original post should have been enough for you to just stop. But you want to continue on (or you wouldn't have made post #8...that's called arguing, or, in your words, dragging it out).

Now, I'm pulling rank as moderator. Discuss the movie or don't respond.  Thank you.

• Members

Auburn, stop. Now. I'm not asking.  My original post should have been enough for you to just stop. But you want to continue on (or you wouldn't have made post #8...that's called arguing, or, in your words, dragging it out).

Now, I'm pulling rank as moderator. Discuss the movie or don't respond.  Thank you.

You're absolutely right. I should not have taken your bait. I will not post in this thread any more.

• Members

Apples and oranges. Rock is a genre of music. "Movie" is a general term like the word "music". Therefore, a more accurate comparison would be "Christian movie" with "Christian music". If I was to say a "Christian horror" movie then you would have an argument.

• Members

Apples and oranges. Rock is a genre of music. "Movie" is a general term like the word "music". Therefore, a more accurate comparison would be "Christian movie" with "Christian music". If I was to say a "Christian horror" movie then you would have an argument.

Don't care. I made my point. I'm not taking her bait or yours.

Archived