• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fun Bible Activities For Youth?

• Members

When I was a counselor at a Christian youth camp we'd organized little plays based on bible stories. They were spur of the moment, slap anything together for props and costumes plays, which made it funny too. For instance, we'd use a mop head for a wig. It was an all boys camp (on our side anyways) so some guys would have to play the role of women. This might offend some folks but we never had any problems with it.

• Members

I once had a friend draw some things for me, and used them as flash cards to drill the kids. (Used them at a rest home mostly).

I taught the days of creation with them.  The first was night and day--half white and half black;

The second one was the sky (clouds) and waters beneath;  (On each of them on the backs I wrote Day ! Day 2 Day3, etc).

Anyway, you can see where this is going.  You do all the days of creation with pictures, then drill them with them (give little rewards such as candy) for them when they get them right, or just wait until the end and give them all a treat.)

Sometimes we showed the days and they had tell what God created on that day; other times we showed the pictures, and they had to identify the day.  Once in awhile we mixed them up and showed the day on some and the picture on anther, there are a lot of possibilities.

Anyway, with evolution so prevelant nowadays they did learn that God created the universe and all that is in it. 

This may not be an "activity" as we think of them, but they had fun and learned.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Mix up the activities.
This week use plasticene, next week draw it on a whiteboard, then as suggested an impromptu play.
None of it has to be very good - the kids will laugh at your stick figures but remember the lesson.
If you have to tell then constantly that the lump of clay is adonkey and Jesus rode it, they will laugh at the poor attempt but remember the lesson.
And sometimes just read the Bible account.
Mixing it up gives them a sense of anticipation each week.

Archived