• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Eric Stahl

Pastor Who Do You Think You Are?

What is your responsibility in the church?

Are you King or slave or somewhere in between?

Please give scripture to back your opinion.

Hebrews 13:17

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Please explain what this means to you and give other examples.

This discussion may help some young preachers to not make mistakes and learn the hard way. I have a friend who just lost his church and is struggling in life. Help others to avoid his situation please.

There are other opinions that pastors may have and I would be interested in why they believe what they believe.

One thing I find strange is that some pastors seems to think they're the Shepherd of the church, not the under-shepherd, & they're to rule with an iron fist. I got into the middle of a discussion sometime back among some Southern Baptist pastors about this subject. This one pastor said I'm the Shepherd, & no one in my church has the right to know what this church pays me nor what I do with the money that's placed in the collection plate. Its amazing to me the number of Baptist pastors that's going that route today. And I fail to see how they can back that up by Scriptures without taking Scriptures out of context of course.

What is your responsibility in the church?

Are you King or slave or somewhere in between?

Please give scripture to back your opinion.

Hebrews 13:17

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Please explain what this means to you and give other examples.

This discussion may help some young preachers to not make mistakes and learn the hard way. I have a friend who just lost his church and is struggling in life. Help others to avoid his situation please.

Queen or slave, if the pastor is a woman....  :preggo:

One thing I find strange is that some pastors seems to think they're the Shepherd of the church, not the under-shepherd, & they're to rule with an iron fist. I got into the middle of a discussion sometime back among some Southern Baptist pastors about this subject. This one pastor said I'm the Shepherd, & no one in my church has the right to know what this church pays me nor what I do with the money that's placed in the collection plate. Its amazing to me the number of Baptist pastors that's going that route today. And I fail to see how they can back that up by Scriptures without taking Scriptures out of context of course.

If they believe that I would like to see the scripture that teaches that.

As a pastor, I'm really just one of the sheep, though I am a shepherd/under-shepherd as well. It is my job to feed and care for the flock of God, to seek to protect them from predators and poison, to see they have plenty of good food and water, and maybe the occasional treat to make them sweet. I also, due to my work, have a right to partake of the wool and milk of the flock, though I try not to fleece the flock.

As a pastor, I'm really just one of the sheep, though I am a shepherd/under-shepherd as well. It is my job to feed and care for the flock of God, to seek to protect them from predators and poison, to see they have plenty of good food and water, and maybe the occasional treat to make them sweet. I also, due to my work, have a right to partake of the wool and milk of the flock, though I try not to fleece the flock.

Judging by your green picture you probable get great offerings.

Judging by your green picture you probable get great offerings.

You must not have read my other post, "please pray for our little church", lol. I'm really just green with envy over those huge churches who keep asking me to donate to their multi-million dollar growth projects, while we struggle to just make our building payments.

Not really.