• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Greetings & Salutations

Montanabeliever

• Members

Hello.  I am Shawn Atchison and I live in Montana.  I'm a lover of the outdoors and go camping or fishing every summer.  Nice when you can do both, but not always possible.

I got saved at a pastors conference I attended with my pastor over in Eastern Washington about 3 years ago.  Since then I have been reading the Bible and trying to learn to study it.  I haven't come as far in my walk as I'd like, but I realize that I'm a work in progress and so I keep having faith in God to do the work in me.

I found this site via a link on Facebook I think.  It's nice to be here.

• Members

I, too, am a work in progress.  Someone has used the analogy that we are clay in the potters hand.  If that is the case, I have alot of rocks in my clay that need broke up with a hammer from time to time. 

Anyway, it is nice meeting you, I am Rob.  Do you have an IFB church to attend? 

• Administrators

Hiya, Shawn!  We're glad to have you with us.  We have some friends who are trying to buy a ranch in Montana - he's a real cowboy at heart!  My grandparents lived in Montana for a while, and I almost moved out there to teach school many years ago (before I got married).  I love the west (being from Seattle).

• Members

I, too, am a work in progress.  Someone has used the analogy that we are clay in the potters hand.  If that is the case, I have alot of rocks in my clay that need broke up with a hammer from time to time. 

Anyway, it is nice meeting you, I am Rob.  Do you have an IFB church to attend? 

Yes.  I am attending Lighthouse Baptist Church here in Butte.  The pastor is John Stone.  I enjoy the church and I spend a lot of time with Pastor Stone, who is also my friend. 

• Members

Hiya, Shawn!  We're glad to have you with us.  We have some friends who are trying to buy a ranch in Montana - he's a real cowboy at heart!  My grandparents lived in Montana for a while, and I almost moved out there to teach school many years ago (before I got married).  I love the west (being from Seattle).

I was born in Albany, OR but moved to Montana when I was just a baby.  I don't even remember.  lol

I've lived here all my life, long enough to consider myself a native.  My family moved here when I was 18 months old and I'm 36 now.  Montana is beautiful.  I love going out into the woods and camping.  Sitting out under the stars when the sky is clear is wonderful.

I moved over to Spokane briefly, and I liked it, but it was a little to large for me.  lol

• Members

Welcome aboard Shawn!  I see you took a picture of my bumper sticker and made it your avatar!

Thank for the welcome.  I want a bumper sticker like that, where do I get one?  I have a flag on my wall in my room.  I don't remember now where I got it though.

Archived